Dell inspiron 15-7577 gaming laptop wireless drivers won't install after fresh windows 10 install

piblo99

I used a the dell OS recovery tool (that i got here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/osiso/recoverytool/win) and pressed f12 at the boot menu when trying to start up my laptop, then went to troubleshoot and reinstalled windows 10 from a USB.

Now i had no wireless drivers and many other drivers weren't installed.

I also can't get internet by just plugging in an Ethernet cable for some reason even though it says the Ethernet driver is installed.

So i tried to download the driver installations individually and put them all on a flash drive and then put the flash drive in the inspiron 7577.

I got the drivers from dell's support site and used the service tag.

All of them seem to have installed successfully except for the wireless one.

I get the error : This software package cannot be installed on your system

I attached an installation log file to this post if that's useful at all.

I saw someone posted this similar issue in this thread

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490XSXSA2/trouble-installing-or-downgrading-wireless-driver-error-the-software-package-cannot-be-installed-on-your-system?language=en_US

I followed the instructions in there and successfully downloaded the latest version of the generic drivers. But I still can't connect to wifi and nothing related to wifi shows up in my device manager. Basically nothing happened. am I supposed to do something else after i install it?

let me know if you need any other information.

If i could just get either ethernet or wifi on this thing maybe dell SupportAssist or some other driver assistant software can do the rest, but i can't get this thing to connect to the internet at all right now =(

anyone please help?

Intel-3165-7265-8260-8265-Wi-Fi-Driver_5XTG6_WIN_20.50.0.8334_A03.txt

check in services and see if the wirles auto config is running if not run it and make sure its set to auto start in properties

Annotation 2018-12-19 112905.jpg

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 2700X @ 42.50mhZ | Patriot Viper Steel Series 16gb (2x8) 4000 MHz | MSI RTX 2080 GAMING TRIO | ASUS ROG RYUJIN 240 | NZXT S340 ELITE | 2X 1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2  +  3 X 1TB FIRECUDA 2.5" HYBRID DRIVES | EVGA SUPER NOVA G3 80+GOLD 1000W | AND ENOUGH RGB TO MAKE YOUR EYES MELT 

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 2700X | AURUS 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1060 6GB | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | STOCK RYZEN RGB AIR COOLER | 2TB WD HDD + 500GB 970 EVO PLUS

#3:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 1800X | DOMINATOR LPX 3000MHz | STRIX 970| COOLER MASTER 240 ML | GAME MAX AURORA MID TOWER | CRUCIAL P1 1TB SSD M.2 + FIRECUDA 1TB HYBRID DRIVE

wireless auto config is running and set to auto start