Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexGoesHigh

MS announces Windows Sandbox to run bad software without screwing with your system.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:10 PM, Drak3 said:

A virtual machine is running an instance of an OS within another OS by emulating the hardware and firmware of a bare machine.

This is just running a second virtual desktop instance with some permissions disabled completely.

Actually it doesn't really emulate hardware. That's what an emulator does. A virtual machine "virtualizes" hardware, if you will. For example, there are specific instructions that split a CPU into more vCPUs. That means that you can't run a virtual machine that runs on a different architecture, eg. ARM guest on x86 host, you'd need an emulator for that.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

1 hour ago, Nineshadow said:

Actually it doesn't really emulate hardware. That's what an emulator does. A virtual machine "virtualizes" hardware, if you will. For example, there are specific instructions that split a CPU into more vCPUs. That means that you can't run a virtual machine that runs on a different architecture, eg. ARM guest on x86 host, you'd need an emulator for that.

Emulation and virtualization are the same thing.

Waste of time

Candour and lies

For what I left behind

I know the price was high

No tears to cry

No words to make it right

But now I know

That home is where my heart desires.

Pyo.

yea this is cool and all but, if i want to virtualise a clean sandboxes windows environment i'll just use sandboxie

I once wrote a fan fiction between Luke and Dennis for Luke on one of his streams, he never read it, I SPENT 15MIN ON THAT!!!! (read it here: test1.docx )

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/yJ2cQV

Anyone reading this is a very nosy wanker....

Ooo, can I use this to mess with tech scammers? 

Laptop: 2016 13" nTB MacBook Pro Core i5 | Phone: iPhone 8 Plus 64GB | Wearables: Apple Watch Sport Series 2 | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p, Samsung SyncMaster 940BX 19" 1024p | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball