Mac reinstall OS this item is temporarily unavailable

spartaman64

I wanted to reset my iMac so I went into recovery and wiped the disk but when I tried to reinstall the OS it says this item is temporarily unavailable. I'm using the original Apple ID and I tried going to get help online and signing into icloud and I still get the error. 

Try these steps:

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button. (On some Mac keyboards the Option key will be named Alt).
  3. Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message "Starting Internet Recovery. This may take a while".
  4. The message will be replaced with a progress bar. Wait for it to fill. Expect it to take a while...
  5. Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
  6. Click Reinstall macOS and follow the installation process.

🙂

What year is your iMac? If it has a Fusion drive you you may need to re-combine the drive before install. It's been awhile since I've had an iMac so I'm going off some fuzzy memory.

Apple 2021 M1 Max MacBook Pro | Apple 2021 M2 MacBook Air

Intel Hades Canyon NUC - i7-8809G, 3.10 GHz | 32 GB RAM | 512 GB + 1TB Samsung 970 EVO | Radeon Vega GH | MSI Silent Armor 1060-6GB in Sonnet eGPU. 

Intel Serpent Canyon NUC - i7-12700 | 32GB RAM 

MSI MAG B660M MORTAR | Intel i5-12600K | EVGA 3080 Ti | 64GB Corsair Dominator | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD | 4TB Samsung 870 EVO | 2TB WD Blue SATA SSD