BIOS update needed for A320M to use R5-2600?

Go to solution Solved by Giganizer300PRO,

The most ideal would probably be a B450 chipset. X470 would also work, but I can't think of a reason to have it in a R5 PC. B350 or X370 would also work, but they're older and they're made for the Ryzen 1000 series, not Ryzen 2000, so not ideal. With any 300 series chipset you would probably need to update the BIOS to use a Ryzen 2000 series CPU. 

Thank you for all the advice. My friend is at the store now and I'm asking him not to get the 1tb nvme and instead to grab a wd blue 1tb ssd plus the adata sx8200 256gb nvme. I prefer the faster boot time+slightly faster loadtimes for some select games+transferring work files. I have also suggested him to ask a worker at the store for any cheaper but still high quality motherboards for the ryzen. I still agree with you that 215 CAD is too much to pay for a motherboard. Lets see how it will go!

Hey everyone! The PC has been built and looks dog gam amazing. Ryzen is doing great and I havent checked benchmarks online to see if my PC is upto par but after updating everything and the parts running stock, I'm getting a lot of frames in games and snap responses and transfers with everything. Compression/decompression is smooth with the Nvme + ssd combo using the R5 2600. Its great honestly

received_355447638573732[1].jpeg

received_609702402792697[1].jpeg