Triple monitors with dvi and dvi-d

Hothatch01

Good afternoon all and thanks for your help in advance.

basicly I have a MSI GTX 970 and I want to go to a triple screen set up because, well I can. My question thou is with regards to the DVI and DVI-D ports. I run a 1440p as my main, and am only putting 1080p’s either side of it. I’m not looking to game on the additional 2 monitors so 60 FPS is fine, they will be basicly for watching YouTube and web browsing if I’m playing something casual.

so my main monitor is run by the display port and my oculus rift takes up my hdmi port. I don’t want to be plugging and unplugging my rift every time I want to use it. So my question as stated is about the DVI and DVI-D ports. Can I use these ports to display my additional to monitors with the appropriate adapter, I have seen there are plenty of them about, but I know nothing of how these outputs, how they work and what there limitations are.

This is will probably be a short to meduium Term work as I know my GPU could do with being updated and then I will have an abundance HDMI and display poe\rts to play with.

thanks in advance for any constructive help.

Ideal, very helpful link thank you.

as I read that just hook both the dvi and dvi-d with respective “to hdmi” cable and job done.

thanks.