Traveling to Canada just because of LTX19

Bonzay0

So I decided that I would make a two weeks trip in Canada with the LTX19 in between.

I was wondering if anyone want to join up?

I'm thinking of arriving in Toronto and moving from there to Vancouver, around a week of traveling, just before the LTX19 and then go back to Toronto for my flight back.

I'm thinking about 17th of July till the 1st of August.

This my first time traveling to Canada and my first time traveling alone. I would love for suggestions and/or fellow travelers or even locals who would like some foreign company.

If you're planning on spending a few more days in and around Vancouver during your trip, check out the next blog post coming out tomorrow on ltxexpo.com for some ideas of things to do :) 

Sterph,

Hi I'm cajunchief - born in southwes La. (a cajun) and a retired US Navy Chief.  I too am going to LTX 2019. Looking forward to it. I've acutallly been to Canada 3/4 times. EAST coast in Aug and IT SUKS!  TOO DAMN COLD!  Been to Vancouver around May and it was ok. Hoping

JULY WILL BE WARM! :)  If you want to meet up that would be great!  I was a Data Processing (DP/IT) in the Navy and am retired now!

But, looking to get back into the IT field and want to go to a hardware CON!  What about you?

I am SAFE, DECENT, and will be a gentleman as hopefully expected!

cajunchief

"Explore Vancouver!" is a great read.  Thank you so much for the information. 

Edited by BobbyPdue
Wanted to be more specific.

• 1 month later...

Not yet, have a few more things to go over.

I'm still trying to figure out if I start my trip at ltx or end it with ltx.

Ok I finally finalized the trip!

I will be in Toronto from the 18th of July till the 24th, from then I'll be at Vancouver till the 1st of August.

I would love some travel buddies if any interested, even for a few days :)

Any suggestions would be welcomed as well.

Hey all, I'm flying over from Scotland on the 21st and leaving 31st if anyone wants to meet up.

18 minutes ago, Perky1977 said:

Hey all, I'm flying over from Scotland on the 21st and leaving 31st if anyone wants to meet up.

All in Vancouver? If so I can meet with you when I get to Vancouver on the 24th.

1 minute ago, Bonzay0 said:

All in Vancouver? If so I can meet with you when I get to Vancouver on the 24th.

Yeah, all in Vancouver, might drive up to Whistler at some point or go over to Vancouver Island, heard they are both worth the trip.

On 12/16/2018 at 11:09 AM, Bonzay0 said:

So I decided that I would make a two weeks trip in Canada with the LTX19 in between.

I was wondering if anyone want to join up?

I'm thinking of arriving in Toronto and moving from there to Vancouver, around a week of traveling, just before the LTX19 and then go back to Toronto for my flight back.

I'm thinking about 17th of July till the 1st of August.

This my first time traveling to Canada and my first time traveling alone. I would love for suggestions and/or fellow travelers or even locals who would like some foreign company.

I'm planning more or less the same, but probably only 1 week because budget. My original plan was to rent a car and drive around, staying in airbnbs.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

3 hours ago, Perky1977 said:

Yeah, all in Vancouver, might drive up to Whistler at some point or go over to Vancouver Island, heard they are both worth the trip.

yeah I had someone recommending me to go whale seeing in Vancouver island, which I would love to do.

2 hours ago, ElfenSky said:

I'm planning more or less the same, but probably only 1 week because budget. My original plan was to rent a car and drive around, staying in airbnbs.

That's sounds great. I'm still unsure if I should rent a car alone or not... That's why I'm asking if people want to meetup, maybe share a car or something.

Also to hangout, I would love some travel buddies (be it pubs or tourist spots)

2 minutes ago, Bonzay0 said:

yeah I had someone recommending me to go whale seeing in Vancouver island, which I would love to do.

That's sounds great. I'm still unsure if I should rent a car alone or not... That's why I'm asking if people want to meetup, maybe share a car or something.

Also to hangout, I would love some travel buddies (be it pubs or tourist spots)

I've used Turo to rent a car in the US when I was there, it went fairly well though I was with a classmate. Dunno if it's available in Canada, though I suppose I'll have to start researching. The only thing I've done so far is buy a ltx ticket and get my eTA approved.
Don't even have the money for the plane yet. Guess I'll have to start looking around for student jobs hehehe.

Honestly, my idea would be to rent a car, set specific wayoints that are relatively far out that you want to visit, and just drive between them looking at interesting places, not knowing where you're gonna stay today.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

2 hours ago, Bonzay0 said:

I've got a car rented for my 10 days, happy to have a co-pilot or 2