Poco f1 8gb

rocketbagel

Is there a way to buy the 8gb ram model of the poco f1 in America? I've only been able to find the 6gb model?

why you need the 8gb?

i have a 4gb phone, its still have 1gb at full load.

more memory is not equal to speed.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

i have a 4gb phone, its still have 1gb at full load.

more memory is not equal to speed.

That's because your Android System always keeps 1gb Free. This isn't really an Argument FOR a 4gb phone beeing enough.

On my 8gb Oneplus 6t (so a clean, slim OS), Android-OS alone uses up 1.9gb right now. Android-System 500+mb. System-UI 480 mb.

This is 3gb used up by only these 3 things. In addition there are stuff like Launcher, Google services, etc etc.

On a 4gb phone, you can only use 3.5 - 3.6gb, beause 400-500 mb will always be reserved for the system for stuff like Graphics.

With this, if my Phone had only 4gb Ram, i would have around 500 megabytes free space to "use" for any kind of Apps i use. And that won't happen, because no Android phone is set up to keep 100% memory filled, it always keeps something free.

--> Android CAN use more than 4gb Ram, if there IS more than 4gb Ram.

Noone said 8gb will be faster. But it will hold more apps in the memory with less reloads.

I personally also rather have 8gb Ram instead of 6, for a modern flaggship, which i will probably use for the next 3 Years.

As a owner of Poco F1 I would strongly suggest you browse MiUi forums because Many users are having touch problems which have not been fixed yet. If and when they release a stable update saying the fixed the touch issues and in the comments the majority agrees then only buy this phone. I am really regretting buying this phone and would not want anyone to suffer like most of the users are.