Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hotseff

RED Digital Cinema and NVIDIA Make 8K Movie Editing a Reality

lets just forget about posting guidelines lmao

DISCLAIMER: ANYTHING I SAY COULD BE WRONG. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! 

PC: 2X XEON X5650 | GTX 690 | 2X 240GB SSD | 24GB RAM Windows 10

MacBook: I5 3210M HD4000 | 1 TB SSD | 16GB RAM | macOS Mojave / Windows 10

Just now, firelighter487 said:

lets just forget about posting guidelines lmao

DUMP ALLL THE LINKS

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X MSI X370 Gaming Plus 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - GTX1070Ti FE 600p 256GB & M550 512GB & 860 Evo 500GB Fractal Define R5 CM V550 W8.1 Pro

4 minutes ago, Speed Weed said:

What guidelines? I need guidelines for how to get rid college loan and enhance life. 

You can't have a college loan if you don't go to college #lifehack

image.png.12a458f70a1248842eacbe7e008391ae.png 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X MSI X370 Gaming Plus 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - GTX1070Ti FE 600p 256GB & M550 512GB & 860 Evo 500GB Fractal Define R5 CM V550 W8.1 Pro

Just now, NelizMastr said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor black guy pointing his head meme

But you don't want to work at McDanold or Walmart for the rest of your life. Factory is decent, but it is not the best. 

Just now, Speed Weed said:

But you don't want to work at McDanold or Walmart for the rest of your life. Factory is decent, but it is not the best. 

Oh you want a career too? Ain't nobody got money for that.

1 minute ago, Speed Weed said:

That why you work and save till you pass out. 

yeet

I'm thinking "why hasn't anyone posted the first article back when it released" then I kinda felt like it's slightly more testimonial than news...?

like where is the line between "feature update" and "studio love letter"?

6 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

image.png.12a458f70a1248842eacbe7e008391ae.png 

Or if you live in a country where they don't bleed you dry if you want a higher education ^^

<Make me a sandwich.> <No! Make it yourself!> <Sudo make me a sandwich.> <FINE.> What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D  CoC F.A.Q Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

Just now, Sauron said:

Or if you live in a country where they don't bleed you dry if you want a higher education ^^

So basically any of the Scandinavian countries, lol.

That said, I started Uni early enough so I didn't need a loan. Yeah boi.

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

So basically any of the Scandinavian countries, lol.

Most of Europe actually :P

<Make me a sandwich.> <No! Make it yourself!> <Sudo make me a sandwich.> <FINE.> What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D  CoC F.A.Q Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

5 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

So basically any of the Scandinavian countries, lol

Nah, we are Vampires. We will get money out of you somehow

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Most of Europe actually :P

Not the Netherlands. You either pay for school yourself (~2 grand a year) or you get a loan with 0% interest. 

Public transport is free, though, for 5 years or until you graduate.

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Not the Netherlands. You either pay for school yourself (~2 grand a year) or you get a loan with 0% interest. 

Public transport is free, though, for 5 years or until you graduate.

Didn't know that, although 2 grand per year isn't a lot compared to US fees. In Italy we pay a certain amount in taxes - generally less than 1k per year but it depends on your economic status. No public transports for free though :(

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Didn't know that, although 2 grand per year isn't a lot compared to US fees. In Italy we pay a certain amount in taxes - generally less than 1k per year but it depends on your economic status. No public transports for free though :(

They don't care at all about your economic status here, everybody pays the same amount. If you can't, you can basically get a full loan.

I was lucky enough to actually get paid about €1400 a year to go to Uni. That rule changed a year after I started so I got the benefits until I graduated.