Optical Drive help

Hi, I have an optical drive (i know its obsolete but its handy the 2 times I need it..) that I have two questions? problems? issues? with.

• the first is that it is mounted with a tool-less design and if I don't have a finger or something else pressing on the optical drive it vibrates moar than the fans on the mac pro g5 scream.
  • the second question, I want to burn a DVD and give to a friend with a game on it but it only takes up half-ish of the DVD so if I could fill the rest up with mods for the game or something like that (this is hard to xplain ) is there a way to do that?

any help and tips would be appreciated btw why is there not an (almost said subreddit but that is not what it is called on ltt.com btw you (yes you Mr Sebastian) should add ltt.com to redirect to linustechtips.com) for optical drives?

last ned.jpg

That sounds like a damaged bay, I would move it to the next one. And yes burning several is easy, just right click on the files you want to send to the DVD and send them to the CD/DVD drive, then go to the CD/DVD drive and in the menu bar you shoud se the option to start burning all files you sent.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

and another thing, can you burn more files to a half full disc?