things most people do but you don't?

aezakmi
1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

While driving on high-speed roads, I'll get out of the way if I see someone approaching fast (yes, this is a rare thing in America apparently)

Becomes less rare when you drive a big truck and have the back half of another truck as a trailer.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

14 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

The problem with doing this is it can limit your vision on other angles - so it's not necessarily "better" to do this.

If you don't want to look over your shoulders, you should install little convex blindspot mirrors onto your side mirrors (They're an inch or two in diameter and just stick on with adhesive). That way you're not trading one area of visibility for another.

They're angled in a way that there's no significant overlap between the side and rear view mirror. It doesn't make sense to me that 50% of the side mirror is looking at what I can see in the rear view mirror or that a significant portion of it is taken up by my car. With the way they're adjusted, I can see cars in the blind spot from the time they enter to when I can just glance to the side.

Basically I follow what this is saying, and adjusted to work with my car:

visual-car.jpg

EDIT: If I really need to be sure that there isn't anything in my blind spot, I lean over towards the mirror. The biggest issue I have with the "looking over the shoulder" thing is that while the passenger side isn't a problem, it's the driver side because I have such small field of view to see out that window.

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Becomes less rare when you drive a big truck and have the back half of another truck as a trailer.

If you're driving a truck and you're not in the nth lane except for passing, you should be taken aside and be beaten with a wiffle ball bat.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If you're driving a truck and you're not in the nth lane except for passing

I'm always passing.

/s

If the road is extremely busy, I get into the lane I need to be in and I don't get out for any reason. But otherwise I typically hang out in the middle.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I used to pot cook rice before I bought a rice cooker.

Still do this, didn't even knew rice cookers existed, TIL.

a reusable Keurig cup

In my opinion people who use disposable cups are absolutely barbaric

I don't listen to streamed music.

neither do I not because I don't like it but because my connection is f... 512k and takes like 10 minutes to simply download a single song

I still carry around a portable music player (or DAP

x2, don't know what a DAP is, I just call it MP3 player, it said that on the box when I bought it. This

SONY_WALKMAN_NWZ_B172F_2GB_L_1.jpg

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

4 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

x2, don't know what a DAP is, I just call it MP3 player, it said that on the box when I bought it. This

DAP is short for digital audio player. Apparently audiophiles will lynch you if you call whatever the hell they want to call these kinds of devices anything else. Which was funny because when I called my portable music player an "MP3 player" and someone tried to call me out on the "proper" way to address the device, I showed them the manufacturer's website literally calls it an "MP3 player."

I dunno, I feel like some people are too hung up over semantics. If it gets the idea across, who the hell cares what it's supposed to be properly called?

It's easier if I can flip the question around to "things you do that most people don't"

• In my car, I constantly adjust things like the wiper speed if in use or the temperature of the climate control.
  • While driving on high-speed roads, I'll get out of the way if I see someone approaching fast (yes, this is a rare thing in America apparently)
  • I use a reusable Keurig cup (apparently people at work don't). While I like to think I'm helping the environment, it's mostly because it's cheaper in the long run.

Nice.  I do the same with the wiper speed.

I'm one of those rare americians that actually will move back to far right lane after passing someone (can be hard to do at times down here when traffic gets bad though).

Want something more weird, I use a Keurig just to boil the water for my tea.  Hardly use the cups at all.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

12 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Use their phone in portrait

Mine's locked to landscape and the UI scale set to make it think its a tablet

i could never use mine in landscape. typing and texting on it for me could get annoying reeeeeeeeeeeeeal quick.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, Ithanul said:

Nice.  I do the same with the wiper speed.

I'm one of those rare americians that actually will move back to far right lane after passing someone (can be hard to do at times down here when traffic gets bad though).

Want something more weird, I use a Keurig just to boil the water for my tea.  Hardly use the cups at all.

You reminded me. I use the Keurig machines at work to get hot water because the water dispensers here aren't reliable at giving me piping hot water.

I also want to get an more or less exact amount because laziness. I don't know what 6-8 oz looks like in my mug.

12 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You reminded me. I use the Keurig machines at work to get hot water because the water dispensers here aren't reliable at giving me piping hot water.

I also want to get an more or less exact amount because laziness. I don't know what 6-8 oz looks like in my mug.

Kind of the reason I use one in such fashion.  Can boil either 10 or 8 oz without pulling a measuring cup out.

24 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If you're driving a truck and you're not in the nth lane except for passing, you should be taken aside and be beaten with a wiffle ball bat.

As another individual that drives a truck.  Highly agree, it called not being an ahat to others on the road.  Considering I drive sedans, motorcycles, and other vehicles on occasions, I'm aware how bad a truck can block other individuals' view of the road ahead.  Reason I try to get back into the far right lane when I can.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i could never use mine in landscape. typing and texting on it for me could get annoying reeeeeeeeeeeeeal quick.

I've got big fat fucking hands, even on a 6.4 in 16:9 screen, I can't type in portrait

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

DAP is short for digital audio player. Apparently audiophiles will lynch you if you call whatever the hell they want to call these kinds of devices anything else. Which was funny because when I called my portable music player an "MP3 player" and someone tried to call me out on the "proper" way to address the device, I showed them the manufacturer's website literally calls it an "MP3 player."

I dunno, I feel like some people are too hung up over semantics. If it gets the idea across, who the hell cares what it's supposed to be properly called?

It's called an MP3 player because it plays MP3 files, it isn't rocket science...

Maybe those DAPs are able to play songs in different formats like WMA but yeah I just call it MP3 and everyone knows what I'm talking about.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I've got big fat fucking hands, even on a 6.4 in 16:9 screen, I can't type in portrait

my hands are huge as hell too, but typing in landscape feels uncomfortable as hell. probably because they're skinny huge, not fat huge, so they're dextile.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I pee sitting down. (am guy)

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti