Advice on which phone to buy

AgentL3r

So all I really need is a snappy, quick phone. If I had to boil it down to a couple of specifications:

- High res screen

- High res camera (currently rocking a 13mp Moto G5), low light performance is key as I am usually awake during the night to take pictures with areas of bright light

- Apps open rapidly, mainly communication apps such as Discord, Whatsapp, Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter

That's really it. No mobile gaming or anything like that. Just need something fast with a high-quality screen, high-quality camera and good low light performance.

I'm not looking to spend more than about $380. Like I said, been rocking the Moto G5 for about a year now but it's battery life and overall performance has tanked.

Asus ZenFone V.

Great performance, USB-C, 4K Camera(Is it though?) $200 through verizon

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

maybe the pocophone is something for you?

I asked someone with a pocophone and they said the camera isn't that high quality, so probably won't go for that.

4 minutes ago, Dubious Gaming: bl4z3 said:

Asus ZenFone V.

Great performance, USB-C, 4K Camera(Is it though?) $200 through verizon

Screens a bit too small, currently looking for something that's got a large screen and minimal bezel/buttons

1 minute ago, AgentL3r said:

I asked someone with a pocophone and they said the camera isn't that high quality, so probably won't go for that.

yeah, software is holding it back a bit. You can root it and it will be much better

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

yeah, software is holding it back a bit. You can root it and it will be much better

I would root but my mobile only bank does not allow rooted phones to use their app. 

Just now, AgentL3r said:

I would root but my mobile only bank does not allow rooted phones to use their app. 

oh, bummer. maybe the mi 8 then?

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

oh, bummer. maybe the mi 8 then?

That looks great but it's slightly out of the budget. I live in the UK so £300 is what I'm really looking to spend if that helps.

Check out the Nokia 7 Plus or the 8.1 (newer model, but availability is patchy apparently). Big screen, good camera, great battery and while it's not setting records it's a decent chip with fairly stock Android. 

That's an F in the profile pic

3 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Check out the Nokia 7 Plus or the 8.1 (newer model, but availability is patchy apparently). Big screen, good camera, great battery and while it's not setting records it's a decent chip with fairly stock Android. 

Also looks good, but don't really wanna go back to Nokia after the disastrous experience I had with their Lumia a few years back.

11 minutes ago, AgentL3r said:

Also looks good, but don't really wanna go back to Nokia after the disastrous experience I had with their Lumia a few years back.

They're completely different phones. The Lumia wasn't a good line (Windows only I believe?). Nokia has gotten themselves back in gear imo. 

That's an F in the profile pic

1 hour ago, AgentL3r said:

yeah, I had it too. they are like MUCH better now. they get android to start with.

btw, what about a honor 10?

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

yeah, I had it too. they are like MUCH better now. they get android to start with.

btw, what about a honor 10?

Oh wow, that looks very promising. Has a headphone jack too.