Why some Google apps in playstore aren't available for me (my country), while some are?

Why some Google apps in playstore aren't available for me (my country), while some are? For example, I was able to install Google Keep, News, Calendar, but couldn't find Google Contacts. So I used browser in my phone, went to playestore link from there and it says it's not available in my country. However web based version is available for me fully. I really don't understand why...

It's a developer setting. When you publish to the app store you are asked which regions you want your app available in and not everyone selects all countries. There is also a setting to only allow apps on certain carriers within a country. It could be a mistake by the developer (google) or, more likely, they have done it on purpose to prevent people downloading it, it may not even be available to anyone, I know it doesn't show up in my play store when I search for it but I have the app preinstalled on my phone.

Best bet is to just find the app outside of the store and side load it. But be very careful with that as you may install a modified version of the app that contains malicious code.

17 hours ago, FlappyBoobs said:

It's a developer setting. When you publish to the app store you are asked which regions you want your app available in and not everyone selects all countries. There is also a setting to only allow apps on certain carriers within a country. It could be a mistake by the developer (google) or, more likely, they have done it on purpose to prevent people downloading it, it may not even be available to anyone, I know it doesn't show up in my play store when I search for it but I have the app preinstalled on my phone.

Best bet is to just find the app outside of the store and side load it. But be very careful with that as you may install a modified version of the app that contains malicious code.

Are google products made from different developers? I thought they were made by same team.

I posted on their forum and their developer (I think) replied, asked me my location to fix the issue & someone from Germany said she was having same problem.

18 hours ago, J.b091 said:

Why some Google apps in playstore aren't available for me (my country), while some are? For example, I was able to install Google Keep, News, Calendar, but couldn't find Google Contacts. So I used browser in my phone, went to playestore link from there and it says it's not available in my country. However web based version is available for me fully. I really don't understand why...

Some apps may only be available in some region (had to use vpn or from other sources) or

your phone is too outdated / below minimum requirement of the app.

19 minutes ago, J.b091 said:

Are google products made from different developers? I thought they were made by same team.

I posted on their forum and their developer (I think) replied, asked me my location to fix the issue & someone from Germany said she was having same problem.

The google apps are "made by google" but the team that does the actual dev work could be anywhere (google has offices in most major countries). One of the issues that you may be facing is that the google license agreement with device manufacturers now (i think it's now, they certainly talked about doing it) states that they have to pay for the google apps to be pre installed if the device is sold in Europe, so potentially google has started to make it difficult for people to install their apps in Europe to avoid manufacturers from just providing base android with no apps and getting the end user to install them from the store for free (avoiding the fuck you EU tax).

Hopefully they will just add it to your country and you'll be golden.