Wondering if I should buy a new psu

Matfrags

So my psu is a cooler master v550 and I want to upgrade to one of the new Ryzen CPUs coming out at CES (I'm also planning to over lock the heck out of it since I've got a good cooler) the only problem is that on some of the high end x470 nobody(I presume that it will be the same on x570) the board has an 8 pin CPU and an extra 4 pin for when over locking and my psu doesn't have that extra cable, what I'm asking is if I can just buy an extra cable to add to my modular psu or do I have to buy a whole new psu

That extra power connector is completely optional and, to be honest, completely pointless. If the CPU draws enough power to actually need the power connector, it will just fry the VRMs instead.

The V550 is an excellent PSU (I use one with my X370 Ryzen setup) and like @Sakkura said, the extra 4-pin is entirely optional. You'll be fine.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro