Shady stuff with PC secret shopper dell,maingear,ibuy,HP

not Yvonn

so lets go through this. video 1. 
are pc manufacturers ripping you off. 
LTT must stay out of it because he didnt want any special treatment. So sent :Janice" From accounting. to buy them. And that is what is shown on the video. 

today I am watching Part 2. Where they open them. 
now they open the maingear PC and it has Enjoy Yvonne and not Janice. 
So does this mean Yvonne ordered them? and they knew Linus was buying these? Cause this points to maingear having insider knowledge. or this was setup by Maingear to do this whole series. 
Because Janice bought this 
This is probably the shadyest thing ive seen on LTT. and I have been pretty harsh on LTT in regards to being an influencer with little to know disclosure (that has since changed now more ppl have spoken up about it. 
But Linus needs to explain this. 
Why is Yvonne's name on this. and not Janice's ? 

notyvonn.jpg

shadyasf.jpg

OR.... she was just ordering for Yvonne and was maybe using her credit card. But I see your point, find something slightly irregular with possible logical explanation and proceed to get outraged and condemn their actions. I guess thats just the way the world works now.

Also, the OP had to register a new account just to troll people here? I hope its just a case of trolling and not something else.

Or Janice talked to  Support and create the build, then someone from company called Janice to confirm payment and credit card info because Janice called using "Google hangouts" and they were concerned about credit card fraud, and Yvonne answered and gave her credit card info.

The people in billing are probably not connected to the support guys that configured the build, so the risk of shenanigans from the store's end is minimal if there even is any.

i wouldn't worry so much about it.

2 minutes ago, LinusOnLine said:

That is how I would read that :)

not to remotely defend the OP, I would think that the dash would appear above Yvonne then. I still would think its has to do with the credit card info.

will all be to do with payment information. Let's be real most won't know who Yvonne is over Linus...

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

If you take a look at their Linusmediagroup, you'd see that Yvonne is in fact the Chief Financial officer. Which would make sense if she ordered them, Janice is the bookkeeper. Where you even bothered to make any research or not?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Oh great some drama to get hooked up on!

giphy.gif

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

If I saw a computer order for Yvonne SEBASTIAN IN CANADIA . Id know exactly who that would be going to! 
Thats why Janice was doing the ordering. to stop preferred treatment 

15 hours ago, not Yvonn said:

If I saw a computer order for Yvonne SEBASTIAN IN CANADIA . Id know exactly who that would be going to! 

I doubt that you'd think twice if you didn't already know they were doing this.

This also shows that you wouldn’t know who it is, as that is not her name.

I'm reading the letter as yvonne from MGTeam was the one that wrote it. Seems weird to have the name of the person you're addressing it to at the bottom of the letter

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

There's an exclamation point after the 'Enjoy' so that denotes the end of a sentence.  Then followed by 'Yvonne - MGTeam'  I'm not speculating either way but thought it needed pointing out

Edited by YouSirAreADudeSir
spelling

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

16 hours ago, not Yvonn said:

Oh and just so you know Yvonne doesn't use Linus' last name

edit:

moot, as already pointed out by @Ertman

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

57 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

There's an exclamation point after the 'Enjoy' so that denotes the end of a sentence.  Then followed by 'Yvonne - MGTeam'  I'm not speculating either way but thought it needed pointing out

Hmmm, didn’t think of that. Good call. Either way they wouldn’t know who it was anyways. 

lol I honestly respect your investigative work here (even making an account called not yvonn lol)

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

14 minutes ago, not Yvonn said:

maingear got back to me on twitter

So the builder WAS NOT names Yvonne 

What a stupid excuse.

The whole point of getting Janice to order it was for the purpose of anonymity.....

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, not Yvonn said:

maingear got back to me on twitter 

So the builder WAS NOT names Yvonne 

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

What a stupid excuse.

The whole point of getting Janice to order it was for the purpose of anonymity.....

So far all we have been shown is that his wife name could have been used in the purchase of the PC, and that a bunch of fanboys are outraged because they think that EVERYONE know Linus' wife by name and would easily recognize it if an order comes across their desk.

The OP went so far to actually contact Maingear, but didn't bother to ask if the note was normal. You know something that actually might lend credence to their hypothesis. Also, their response tells you specifically that they claim it was anonymized.

The thing is, after the tiniest bit of research, those notes on the interior box lids are normal. Its basically boiler plate with "Enjoy! (customer's name) - Mgt Team" I guess they try to make it feel personalized.

This is issue seems reasonable, and maybe should be questioned,  but I don't really understand the level outrage. Do people actually feel this outraged, or is it just the overreaction Buzzfeed world we live in now?

4 hours ago, Ertman said:

So far all we have been shown is that his wife name could have been used in the purchase of the PC, and that a bunch of fanboys are outraged because they think that EVERYONE know Linus' wife by name and would easily recognize it if an order comes across their desk.

The OP went so far to actually contact Maingear, but didn't bother to ask if the note was normal. You know something that actually might lend credence to their hypothesis. Also, their response tells you specifically that they claim it was anonymized.

The thing is, after the tiniest bit of research, those notes on the interior box lids are normal. Its basically boiler plate with "Enjoy! (customer's name) - Mgt Team" I guess they try to make it feel personalized.

This is issue seems reasonable, and maybe should be questioned,  but I don't really understand the level outrage. Do people actually feel this outraged, or is it just the overreaction Buzzfeed world we live in now?

first off. Im not a fanboy. I just want fair honest videos. ive always tried to bring to light the shady nature this channel has. its basically an advertiser platform. and Linus is an influencer. but what he doesnt realize. that for the 1 free tv. or 1 free cpu and free hotel rooms. he is the cheapest platform to advertise on. any company that would have to pay mainstream prices for the connection to the 8 million subs would be MILLIONS PER WEEK. Linus is being used.

Maingear confirmed Yvonne was the PURCHASER not the builder. what I dont like is the film telling me Janice bought it. but then Yvonne's name on the invoice. 
especially with credit cards and Janice not being the authorized account holder etc. so how was she allowed to pay for it. Maingear must have asked for the cardholders name 

this is still shady in my OP 
Linus needs to stop with the covert advertising like this. 
he needs to be open with what his channel is. he needs to return every product he reviews. 
he needs to disclose when he gets a free hotel, free limo ride. a free meal
because the way I see it SHADY ASF 

5 hours ago, Arika S said:

What a stupid excuse.

!! this!! 

10 minutes ago, not Yvonn said:

first off. Im not a fanboy. I just want fair honest videos. ive always tried to bring to light the shady nature this channel has. its basically an advertiser platform. and Linus is an influencer. but what he doesnt realize. that for the 1 free tv. or 1 free cpu and free hotel rooms. he is the cheapest platform to advertise on. any company that would have to pay mainstream prices for the connection to the 8 million subs would be MILLIONS PER WEEK. Linus is being used.

Maingear confirmed Yvonne was the PURCHASER not the builder. what I dont like is the film telling me Janice bought it. but then Yvonne's name on the invoice. 
especially with credit cards and Janice not being the authorized account holder etc. so how was she allowed to pay for it. Maingear must have asked for the cardholders name 

this is still shady in my OP 
Linus needs to stop with the covert advertising like this. 
he needs to be open with what his channel is. he needs to return every product he reviews. 
he needs to disclose when he gets a free hotel, free limo ride. a free meal
because the way I see it SHADY ASF 

aad.gif.2fc8dc43a1ff9869ef336565b899340d.gif

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, not Yvonn said:

how does this change anything?

with the amount of people ordering stuff and similar names a person building the PC wouldnt care as it is practically massproduced and probably didnt know the name of the person who was getting it before signing it. a job is a job. 

Yvonne payed for it, yes. she was not the one who ordered it, That was Janice. now which part you consider "bought" idc. 

9 minutes ago, not Yvonn said:

Linus is an influencer. but what he doesnt realize. that for the 1 free tv. or 1 free cpu and free hotel rooms. he is the cheapest platform to advertise on.

dont you see that he gets stuff for everyone. he is cheap to advertise on, but it can backfire hard. Linus doesnt care  who pays him for advertising as long as they are legit. Linus runs a company, and tarnishing reputation for some short term cash is not something a businessman would do. 

11 minutes ago, not Yvonn said:

so how was she allowed to pay for it.

Maingear was concerned with fraud as the call came from hangouts. they received an email and to get things back on track Yvonne payed for it. seriuesly doubt the creditors had contact with the building section. 

i get why you are suspicious, but as far as i am concerned there arent any holes to poke at. if you can demonstrate(or give an example) how this would change the end product then please elaborate