Incompatible video card and motherboard.

SexyDorel570

Hello guys, i got an MSI B360M PRO-VDH motherboard and Gainward GTX 1060 3G video card, but i can't get any signal, the motherboard is not detecting the GPU.

I seached on their website and saw that only MSI videocards are compatible with this motherboard, what can i do?

Is there a trick to make it read?

re-seat the GPU in the PCIe slot. 

there are no such compatiblilty issues. Which video-out did you use? you are supposed to use the one on the GPU. 

Spoiler

if you have the option of returning the card an buying something else i would highly suggest swapping it for something else. like an rx 570 or even better an rx 580. 3GB of memmory is rather limiting in newer titles

only MSI videocards are compatible with this motherboard

bullcrap. if you can plug the gpu, you can use it in any motherboard.

for compability is only the slot compability you may concern.

is this a used card? if yes, check the gold connector if it still intact.

if yes, rub gently with a rubbing alcohol (not too much, don't damage the contact).

Reset the bios or if you don't know how just take out the battery for 30 seconds and put it back.

Maybe, just maybe the bios is set to internal gpu, so it ignored the discrete gpu.

if everythings failed, then you might have a broken gpu.

test the gpu in other system to make sure.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I tried that too many times, other gpus work on my motherboard but this one not, and my gpu works on other mobos, look what i found on the msi support site: MSI Support.

That is why i dont understand anything at all.

5 minutes ago, SexyDorel570 said:

I tried that too many times, other gpus work on my motherboard but this one not, and my gpu works on other mobos, look what i found on the msi support site: MSI Support.

That is why i dont understand anything at all.

what CPU are you using?

My setup :

i5 8400

FSP HYPER 500W

ADATA XPG Gammix D10 Black 8GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16

WD Blue 1TB SATA-III 7200 RPM 64 MB

LG Gaming 22MK430H

1 minute ago, SexyDorel570 said:

and you are pluggin the videocable into the GPU and not the motherboard, correct?

you have also plugged in the powercables for the, motherboard, GPU and CPU?

is CPU video working?

The integrated graphic card is the only one recognized, when i enter the bios and look at the pci-e slot it says empty, the fans of the gpu are spinning, the gpu works on other mobos and on my mobo work other gpus.

Yes, all the cables are fine, the bios settings are good also.

Just now, SexyDorel570 said:

The integrated graphic card is the only one recognized, when i enter the bios and look at the pci-e slot it says empty, the fans of the gpu are spinning, the gpu works on other mobos and on my mobo work other gpus.

Yes, all the cables are fine, the bios settings are good also.

have you checked for bent pins in the PCIe slot?

have you tried one of the other slots?

It s not that, and i don t have any other slots. I told you, i tested other gpus and mobos and it s perfectly fine. someone asked me to hold with a screwdriver the 2 pins near the battery and still nothing.

5 minutes ago, SexyDorel570 said:

It s not that, and i don t have any other slots. I told you, i tested other gpus and mobos and it s perfectly fine. someone asked me to hold with a screwdriver the 2 pins near the battery and still nothing.

So you dont have an open slot 4x/1x slot to slide the GPU into?

Id just return both mpbp and GPU. Id swap the GPU regardless actually

It s a mATX board, i have just one x16 port. I can t return them because i tried to fix this for 2 months, i got it to a guy and he said is an incompatibility.

4 minutes ago, SexyDorel570 said:

It s a mATX board, i have just one x16 port. I can t return them because i tried to fix this for 2 months, i got it to a guy and he said is an incompatibility.

If the product is faulty, consumer protections allow you to return it much later than 2 months. 

Onle cheap mATX boards only have a single X16 slot. You can use smaller slots if they have open ends. 

Update the BIOS using the CPU and try again. 

Tried to update the bios, same, i dont have any slots, i will consider replacing the mobo if i dont get a fix, thanks, i will still wait for any advice, maybe someone had the same problem.