PS4 Games like Horizon Zero Dawn/Borderlands?

SteadfastWhiplash

By the title I mean a game that has leveling mechanics with skill trees and weapons that can be upgraded. A story mode and side missions are also appreciated along with aiming such as the bow from Horizon or guns from Borderlands. Diablo is close but that's a point and click game and I already own Diablo 3.

Even if it's a game only on PC that would still be kind of helpful.

Any ideas would be very helpful. Thanks again!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Destiny 1/2

Skyrim

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Red dead redemption 2 FTW

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Red dead redemption 2 FTW

Isn't that missing the leveling mechanics, skill tree, and weapons that can be upgraded? 

3 minutes ago, WistfulBreeze said:

Isn't that missing the leveling mechanics, skill tree, and weapons that can be upgraded? 

yeah you're right, i just liked the game, a masterpiece. haha.

the genre youre looking for is action RPG, have you played The Witcher 3?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

14 hours ago, WistfulBreeze said:

By the title I mean a game that has leveling mechanics with skill trees and weapons that can be upgraded. A story mode and side missions are also appreciated along with aiming such as the bow from Horizon or guns from Borderlands. Diablo is close but that's a point and click game and I already own Diablo 3.

Even if it's a game only on PC that would still be kind of helpful.

Any ideas would be very helpful. Thanks again!

Spider-Man or God of War and Infamous (if possible get First Light and Second Son in a bundle, if not: Second Son).

14 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

maybe destiny 2 is something for you?

I totally disagree.

Although you have to upgrade your gear (=grind), it is in the end an Online MMORPGish game that doesn't run too well on PS4 (yes, tried it was 4free in PSN a couple of months ago and PC version is to be preferred)...

And in the end its rather grindy...

I'm in it myself right now... 

So I'd rather vote for another Sony Game like Spider-Man (Kinda), God of War and Infamous (really RPGish)...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

14 hours ago, WistfulBreeze said:

Well, kinda but not really...

You can actually upgrade your weapons a bit.

It has Leveling Mechanics though, although rather grindy. Like doing fistfights or hunting to increase Health, running to increase Stamina. So there kinda is a leveling thingy...

And if you continue the story, you can get better weapons like the Borchardt C93 or Mauser C96 (personally I prefer the Borchardt wich the predecessor to the Luger, because of the magazines -> faster reload)...

And to make it worse: THe C96 is actually more expensive than the Borchardt...

6 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Spider-Man or God of War and Infamous (if possible get First Light and Second Son in a bundle, if not: Second Son).

I totally disagree.

Although you have to upgrade your gear (=grind), it is in the end an Online MMORPGish game that doesn't run too well on PS4 (yes, tried it was 4free in PSN a couple of months ago and PC version is to be preferred)...

And in the end its rather grindy...

I'm in it myself right now... 

So I'd rather vote for another Sony Game like Spider-Man (Kinda), God of War and Infamous (really RPGish)...

Thanks for the help! I already watched a playthrough of Second Son at release but I will definitely look into God of War. The Witcher 3 seems to be a close second with Nier: Automota being my third choice. 

19 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

yeah you're right, i just liked the game, a masterpiece. haha.

the genre youre looking for is action RPG, have you played The Witcher 3?

The Witcher 3 was actually my first choice before someone brought up God of War. I'm definitely gonna try and get both.

3 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Horizon Zero Dawn reminded me so much of the Far Cry series.

I can see that, they have much in common.

Though if Far Cry, I'd sugest 4 as I didn't like the gameplay of 5 as much as 4.

On 12/12/2018 at 5:09 AM, WistfulBreeze said:

there is some leveling, health stamina dead eye, as well as the horse stamina health and bond. you can consume items to fortify your stats 

weapons can be upgraded, it doesn't add much tho. most of it is cosmetic 

11 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

I can see that, they have much in common.

Though if Far Cry, I'd sugest 4 as I didn't like the gameplay of 5 as much as 4.

I haven't played 5, but I really enjoyed Far Cry 4. It was one of the first games I played when I built my first gaming PC in years back in 2014 since it came with my gpu, and I was extremely impressed by it. I liked it a lot more than Far Cry 3, though I definitely enjoyed that game too.

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I haven't played 5,

Be happy about it...

Because you have to kill a lot of woman, you have like 2 Guns  -> AR-15 and maybe the AK.

And that's about it....

And maybe another 2 or 3 LMG or .50 cal "Sniper" Rifles.

but I really enjoyed Far Cry 4.

Me too.

IMO the best one of the series.

Great map, great selection of guns (but why is the Famas always a 3 burst rifle??)

It was one of the first games I played when I built my first gaming PC in years back in 2014 since it came with my gpu, and I was extremely impressed by it. I liked it a lot more than Far Cry 3, though I definitely enjoyed that game too.

I agree with that statement.

Far Cry 5 is a big step back as it gets rid of the need for hunting and the crafting, wich was one of the most interesting mechanics in Far Cry. Without Crafting it ain't Far Cry....

Haven't really played 2 though. Well, for more than like 5min it is...