Windows 7 (dual booted with 10 properly) completely randomly loses all drivers on random boots [details inside]

sjain

I previously posted these two threads;

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006162-very-weird-driver-issues-with-windows-7/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1004634-how-do-i-dual-boot-windows-10-and-7-on-completely-separate-drives-in-2018/

when attempting to dual boot Windows 10 1809 and Windows 7.

I then solved all of these issues.

However, one issue remains.

Currently I use the BIOS to boot of the two "Windows Boot Manager"s of Windows 10 and 7, to boot into whichever OS I want to. I don't use the boot OS selection menu (it doesn't exist or ever appear, which I am fine with).

I boot into Windows 7 Professional, and it works flawlessly, fast, no issues, updates installed, latest drivers. I clean installed the GPU drivers with DDU when I made the OS, and again when another issue occurred.

It has two very important driver issues though:

1) Sometimes, the mouse, while plugged in, will not move at all.

---- Sometimes, when this specific issue occurs, the keyboard continues to function.

---- Other times, when this specific issue occurs, the keyboard ceases to function.

---- This specific issue is solved by a single reboot (into Windows 7)

2) Sometimes, absolutely no drivers except the display driver load

---- I boot into the desktop, and the network icon is initially the WiFi searching icon, then it changes after a few seconds to an Ethernet icon with a red cross on it

---- Mouse and keyboard input is not possible. I have to force restart the PC.

---- This specific issue is solved by rebooting into safe mode (Windows 7), then rebooting into normal mode (into Windows 7).

---- When I apply the bold red fix above, opening Device Manager in any mode or state (with drivers working or not, safe mode or not) always shows this - https://i.imgur.com/GDcEQXW.png

When do these issues occur?

- Completely randomly

- Literally. Sometimes I will boot into Windows 7 and it works flawlessly 80% of the time, then out of nowhere, issue 1 and 2 occur.

- As always, they can be fixed with the respective methods listed under the issues.

- During this time I make ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES TO MY SYSTEM CONFIGURATION

---- This means, no new devices plugged in, no new drives, no new drivers, no changing of USB ports etc.

What have I tried?

- Clean installing every single driver on Windows 7 and Windows 10

- Windows 10 Fast boot and hibernation is OFF!

- Clean installing the windows 7 dual boot

- Physically disconnecting the Windows 10 SSD

- Checking the Windows 7 install with 

sfc /scannow

and

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

and

chkdsk C: /f

from the Windows 7 install disk.

- Checking the Windows 10 install with the above commands.

- Rearranging all USB ports to different ports

- Unplugging everything but mouse and keyboard

- Making it so that devices which required more "stuff" aren't on the same USB "tower" in the back of the motherboard (if you imagine the motherboard flat and horizontal)

- Changing lots of BIOS settings, intel VT-d and intel VT-x, CSM compatibility, etc etc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

- Full PC Specs = https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/vDxFmq

- Both the Windows 7 and 10 drives and OS's are UEFI GPT

Devices:

- HyperX Cloud II Headset (USB 2.0)

- McSaite Wireless Numpad (USB 2.0)

- Razer Deathadder Chroma (USB 2.0)

- Razer Tournament Edition Non-Backlit (USB 2.0)

- Xbox Wired 360 Controller (USB 2.0)

- Anker USB 3.0 Hub

Drivers:

- Realtek High Definition Audio driver

- Razer Synapse (tried reinstalling and using a new user account, also tried not using it)

- NVIDIA GPU driver - 417.22 - I tried NOT installing any 3D driver stuff, making sure to use DDU in safe mode before making these changes, and rebooting plenty of times

- Nothing else, I think

All help is widely appreciated. This issue is driving me crazy.

Ask anything about info i missed / forgot to include

i7 5820K @ 4.1GHz • Zotac GTX 980Ti 2-way SLI • Full PC Specs