Audio cut-out issue on onboard sound

Fennecai

I have onboard audio with my asrock z97 extreme 4 system. It has worked great for years, but now, only about a month ago at the most, it started falling asleep or something like that every time there is any sort of silence for more than half a second, and it takes a half second for the card to wake up when sound is suddenly present again, resulting in the start of the sound being chopped off- huge problem for me, because i work with audio that needs precision very frequently (sound design, music, video editing, videogame development, etc. jack of all trades here.)

I have tried a huge amount of things. please dont be that guy who assumes i havent, and please only suggest something if it is NOT listed here:

* rebooting (happens nightly anyways, didnt work any better this time either)

* upgraded drivers with 3rd party apps(iobit driver booster and driver easy. Drivers were updated but problem persisted.)

* scanned for viruses (malwarebytes keeps finding all my iobit stuff and thinking its a pup but other than that, nothing found)

* upgraded drivers through device manager (same result as the first point- device succussfully updated but problem wasnt solved)

* edited registry keys for power management due to completely missing power management options tab in device manager (absolutely nothing was different afterword)

* re-installed win10 (or tried, anyways. my computer keeps saying there was a problem and no changes were made.)

* disabled then re-enabled the sound device in device manager (absolutely nothing changed)

* plug in my speakers into the port on the front of my computer rather than my monitor (no sound at all, had to switch back because i didnt have the option to switch in windows. pretty sure that port is fake, very hard to pull plug out or stick it in.) 

* updated my monitor's drivers (because my speakers are plugged into that- no help)

* googleing it (dont tell me to google it you jerk, why do you think im asking here?)

* going to technical school for IT training (teacher was stupid and lazy, curriculum was sorely outdated. learned nothing useful but lots of trivial crap about old outdated hardware. im not joking, just mentioning because i feel like you should know im not just a typical user and know a bit about hardware and stuff)

* tried the sfc command (files repaired successfully but issue persists)

things i did NOT try and why:

* binging it (bing sucks)

* run it into geek squad (too expensive to afford atm)

* run it into microcenter where the pc was custom built (expensive and error margin is too high for the ludicrously slow turn-around of 4 months or so before getting my pc back)

* getting a new pc (this one is fine other than sound and was custom built to fit my very unique, diverse creative needs)

* writing an AHK script to persistantly keep the audio card turned on (sounds very impractical and janky and have no idea how i would access that feature anyhow)

After going thru your list of things, I can't find where you tried the sfc command.  I run it about once a month just to keep things in-line whether I have a problem or not.  It works for me, so you might want to give it a shot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

30 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

After going thru your list of things, I can't find where you tried the sfc command.  I run it about once a month just to keep things in-line whether I have a problem or not.  It works for me, so you might want to give it a shot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

thank you very much for the reply. :) im trying that now, i'll see if it works.

EDIT: it found and successfully fixed some files apparently but the issue persists...albiet a little better maybe? like, before it could happen when audio is very quiet, now it only happens with complete silence. still an issue though.