Nuked for privacy.

go to your installed software list and uninstall it.. idk what it is but it probably is not good

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

2 minutes ago, Bunnyapocalips said:

it survived multiple complete system wipes

the system wasn't wiped if it still existed after

I think you have a virus bro. Scan it with Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, and Zemana to see if it detects anything

I can’t read that. It’s too blurry.

find it in task manager, locate it and end task and delete it.

6 minutes ago, Bunnyapocalips said:

It's sadly not in my installed programs list, or autostart, or anywhere else, or this would be significantly easier.

Nor does it show up in the task manager, be it processes, details, app history, or start-up.

That's why I'm saying it came back. I'm reasonably certain that it's part of an actual program, so mangled Unicode like in the article I linked, I just can't figure out which one.

EDIT to elaborate: The system has been completely wiped from scratch total windows reinstall everything empty a few times, mostly due to unrelated reasons, so I'm reasonably certain that it is part of one of the actual programs that I re-install afterward. 

Lots of Malwarebytes (and more) scans haven't found anything, gonna poke with the other things to be sure. 

Do you remember where do you get this program? 

Everyone's assuming this is a virus or that you didn't truly wipe your system but I have a simpler theory.  It's probably a companion application for either a program you installed, or a driver for certain hardware that you've had for so long and used to regularly it doesn't even cross your mind anymore, but that's why it's not showing up as a virus and why it's still there after reinstalling - it came back after you installed it yourself or windows did automatically.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

• 1 month later...

Download and run HijackThis, then post the log file here if you have trouble identifying what should be disabled.