What did we BUY?? - $1500 Gaming PC Secret Shopper pt2

why redact the benchmarks, something to hide??

why all the burred bits?? at 23:12 he's blurred the case foot WTF conspiracy

• 2 weeks later...

Had to sign up here after I just got an email from microcenter and seen this 

HP Pavilion 790-0031 Gaming Desktop Computer

its literally the origin PC in the video in a basic case for less than half the money. Kinda made me laugh a little. Even if it's retail is $800 it's still a whole lot cheaper and pre-built.

Does Linus at least have a washer and dryer in the warehouse so he can clean the thrift store garments?

Hopefully an LTT crew member disinfected the shades with some antibacterial cleaner.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:51 AM, Disposable Hero said:

literally the origin PC in the video in a basic case for less than half the money.

The Origin PC is a quarter or less the volume of a normal sized case. That does deserve a premium for some people. I myself would never pay that much for just size but some would. Add to that the marketing they're doing and you'll understand the price. They sure are pushing these things hard to 9 year olds, though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 5:34 PM, LMG Ivan said:

Who I believe will be coming out ahead:

1st - HP Omen.

2nd - Alienware

I was extremely disappointed with the ORIGIN gaming system for $1500. I agree with Asus Killer here - " It's a joke what kind of hardware you can get for $1500 USD to what is in those system, could go to a local shop or someone and just have them build it of course."

It's much better to have a trusted local computer store build you a gaming PC. I owned and operated a computer store and I built far better gaming PC's than this for $1500. Most gamers under value computer components and desktop gaming PCs. I've dealt with alot of gamers who wanted to purchase a gaming PC for only six hundred dollars. I've had alot of gamers skimp on fans and power supplies and motherboards and purchase used liquid coolers because they under valued older computer parts. This is a mistake. You get what you pay for.

I know Linus focuses on what type of computer game you want to run when building a gaming PC and that is because if you only have a certain amount of money you do not want to spend it on a gaming PC that will NOT play your game. In other words, the real focus is on the price. You want to make sure you spend "enough" money to build a gaming PC that is going to play your games.

On 12/11/2018 at 5:34 PM, LMG Ivan said: