are cloud gaming setups usable as a stream pc?

proxykalevra

So i was watching the new LTT video about the new shadow cloud gaming setup and as mentioned one of the biggest drawbacks right now for gaming on the cloud is latency.

but there are things that do not need as much latency to be just as good and Linus mentioned rendering on the shadow cloud, which brings me to the tittle of this thread.

do you think it would be possible using something like shadows mini linux desktop setup to use something like an el gato to directly send captured video to a cloud computer, do the processing and stream settings on this computer as a stream computer then output to twitch or youtube directly from their machine (in theory taking advantage of the business line)

obvious points of failure are needing the upload bandwidth to get the image and sound data from your home to the cloud and this would add a bit of delay but if it is doable you could effectively get a streaming pc for under $30 a month+the cost of equipment like an elgato and a secondary monitor... 

i'm not much of a streamer so i am not sure how well sending the direct captured footage to the cloud would work so i thought i would ask and see what you guys thought.

While that would probably work, it would probably be pretty ineffecient. If you have desktop access to the VM running the games, you could encode directly on the VM then, compose and upload to twitch. Pulling it off a capture card, then pushing it back up to a cloud provider, which is ultimately limited by your upload speeds.

You would still need to encode the video on your PC before sending it to the cloud so the video quality will only be as good as your PC can produce so there's no benefit to using a cloud service for streaming. Now if you want to buy a VPS for a few bucks a month and setup a RTMP server then you can benefit from the bandwidth by streaming to multiple different services (i.e. YouTube, Twitch, etc...).

-KuJoe