China To Force Changes To 20 Popular Games, Ban 9 Including Fortnite and PUBG

China continues to move towards a more draconian stance to what should be the surprise of nobody. What is surprising however, is the past few decades where the rest of the world has been happily trading with China to the point of a really strong economical interdependence.

Jinping is smart enough to not push the good graces of the rest of the world until things break clean off (Except maybe the clown of course) But it is kind of imperative that the rest of the world start to move to limit their economical dependence from China because at one point or another it's going to be too uncomfortable to do business as usual with a power that keeps moving towards ruthlessness.

-------

Current Rig

-------

PUBG doesn't region lock China, so China region locks PUBG. Brilliant.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

39 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

China continues to move towards a more draconian stance to what should be the surprise of nobody. What is surprising however, is the past few decades where the rest of the world has been happily trading with China to the point of a really strong economical interdependence.

Jinping is smart enough to not push the good graces of the rest of the world until things break clean off (Except maybe the clown of course) But it is kind of imperative that the rest of the world start to move to limit their economical dependence from China because at one point or another it's going to be too uncomfortable to do business as usual with a power that keeps moving towards ruthlessness.

All that cheap labor in China was a huge incentive for corporations to get in bed with China. All the while turning a blind eye to the increasingly tight control they have over their people.

Things won't change until there's a more profitable pool of labor for the world to exploit. Personally I believe it'll be Africa in a decade or so. African countries are exploding in population, with Nigeria expected to overtake the US as the third most populous towards the latter half of the century. And in the meantime all those people will be starving for work for the lowest bidder. All that delicious near-slave labor would be irresistible to corporations.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

2 minutes ago, Phentos said:

All that cheap labor in China was a huge incentive for corporations to get in bed with China. All the while turning a blind eye to the increasingly tight control they have over their people.

Things won't change until there's a more profitable pool of labor for the world to exploit. Personally I believe it'll be Africa in a decade or so. African countries are exploding in population, with Nigeria expected to overtake the US as the third most populous towards the latter half of the century. And in the meantime all those people will be starving for work for the lowest bidder. All that delicious near-slave labor would be irresistible to corporations.

And sadly the way to bring down labour costs even more is with even more brutal regimes imposing even worst conditions and for that yes, African countries are sadly lined up to become the new rock bottom labour source.

That is, if robotics don't overtake the need for labour first which is another very real possibility btw.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

That is, if robotics don't overtake the need for labour first which is another very real possibility btw.

For a while automation might cost more than cheap human labor. Over time that might even out but I doubt automation will become less expensive than human labor for several decades yet.

However for the developed world, there's more of an incentive because it's cheaper than paying people relatively high wages and guaranteeing basic worker rights and benefits to do the same tasks. 

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

5 minutes ago, Phentos said:

For a while automation might cost more than cheap human labor. Over time that might even out but I doubt automation will become less expensive than human labor for several decades yet.

However for the developed world, there's more of an incentive because it's cheaper than paying people relatively high wages and guaranteeing basic worker rights and benefits to do the same tasks. 

Well yes automation might cost more money but ultra cheap labor costs more in terms of social capital because eventually people will ask more and more questions and far more often about those suicides in factories and if we're establishing that conditions would need to be worst than China to get competitive it gets to 19th century levels of cruelty or worst so there's no way most people will tolerate such a high cost when it comes to social capital.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

LotRO disagrees. ;) 

I dunno, I think I see some cleavage on the elf. 

I tried to create a zoomed in image of the elf's boobs but freaking paint on windows is shit and limits how much you can crop a picture. 

13 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

I dunno, I think I see some cleavage on the elf. 

I tried to create a zoomed in image of the elf's boobs but freaking paint on windows is **** and limits how much you can crop a picture. 

Even the panda's hurting from that.

2141635199_pandafacepalm.gif.b0b427d365406068c2c35ca9589b9943.gif

26 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

LotRO disagrees. ;) 

2018-04-17_LOTRO_Races.jpg

Idk when I played LOTRO there were some dresses and other clothes with pretty ample cleavage. Though I suppose that's just obligatory in MMORPG's.

Final Fantasy XIV beats both WoW and LOTRO in the non-discrete department though... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

9 hours ago, corrado33 said:

So I'm not allowed to enjoy the full game and/or talk with my friends because I have to make allowances for annoying people? Seems pretty shitty to me. 

I usually just mute everyone but my friends. 

10 minutes ago, Phentos said:

Idk when I played LOTRO there were some dresses and other clothes with pretty ample cleavage. Though I suppose that's just obligatory in MMORPG's.

Final Fantasy XIV beats both WoW and LOTRO in the non-discrete department though... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think this one character from FFXV beats everything in the "non-discrete" department.

cindy-aurum-playarts-action-figure3.1498

This is one of the few characters in video games who, when I first saw her, I went, "Holy fucking shit I can't believe this is a character in a video game" and simultaneously "This is going to inspire SO MANY slutty cosplays." 

21 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

I think this one character from FFXV beats everything in the "non-discrete" department.

Tera says hi.

4 minutes ago, Phentos said:

Tera says hi.

But FFXV was so.... oddly realistic. Uncanny valley stuff. Enough to make it hard to discern the cosplays from the game...

10 hours ago, exetras said:

Overly revealing female characters

10 hours ago, exetras said:

Blood and gore, vulgar content

Somehow I doubt they'll ban it if they're praising the communist party. Imagine making a game which describe Chairman Mao and President Xi leading the Red Guards beating the "Japanese and American imperialism dog". Yeah. I highly doubt they'll ban that shit even with naked women and human guts all over the place...

Jokes aside, Tencent, one of the biggest game publisher in China, had had her share price tanking like hell in the past few months. Truth to be told, I doubt the ban will only affect foreign games. The Chinese regime has been, imo, trying to revert everything on the internet back to the 90s where the only thing on internet was online shopping and emailing. But then what can we expect from a president who's only been to middle school?

Fun fact: Xi Jingping, the current PRC president, stopped his middle school education due to the Cultural Revolution. He never graduated from middle or high school. His degree (and by extension his PhD) was "sponsored" by the communist party as a "Worker-Peasant-Soldier student", i.e. accepted not for their academic qualifications, but rather for the "class background" of their parents.

3 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

But FFXV was so.... oddly realistic. Uncanny valley stuff. Enough to make it hard to discern the cosplays from the game...

Yea I liked FFXV a lot more than I thought I would. While it wasn't quite a "great" game, with its disappointing latter third of the story arc, I did like the storyline as a whole.

That being said I'm a sucker for dark emotional stories in games.

5 minutes ago, BananaInSandals said:

The Chinese regime has been, imo, trying to revert everything on the internet back to the 90s where the only thing on internet was online shopping and emailing. But then what can we expect from a president who's only been to middle school?

DON'T FORGET ABOUT CHAT ROOMS. Those things were the bomb. 

A/S/L anyone? Seriously why the hell did we even ask for location, it's not like we were old enough to ever meet. 

And hey, it seems like china's leader has the US's beat! 

5 minutes ago, Phentos said:

Yea I liked FFXV a lot more than I thought I would. While it wasn't quite a "great" game, with its disappointing latter third of the story arc, I did like the storyline as a whole.

That being said I'm a sucker for dark emotional stories in games.

I have to admit that I never finished it. I got bored with the combat so I went exploring and got to a place that was well beyond my level and then just quit. The combat to me seemed so repetitive. "Strike strike strike, dodge, long strike, team strike." Every fight was approached the same way. Maybe I didn't play long enough. 

4 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

I have to admit that I never finished it. I got bored with the combat so I went exploring and got to a place that was well beyond my level and then just quit. The combat to me seemed so repetitive. "Strike strike strike, dodge, long strike, team strike." Every fight was approached the same way. Maybe I didn't play long enough. 

I prefer more streamlined combat systems in games nowadays, so while FFXV's combat system wasn't anything special, it was adequate. 

How odd to only see games on the banlist that don't have huge chinese partners

?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

11 hours ago, Speed Weed said:

There is blood in Fortnite? Da phuc. 

i didnt know there was color either. should really get a new pc.

1 hour ago, Yoinkerman said:

How odd to only see games on the banlist that don't have huge chinese partners

?

about half of the games on the list are owned by chinese companies (HUGE companies)

China makes me sad, if my dream of total human extermination is to be realised id love people to have all freedoms there are to have. Bad China

*launghing nintendo in the distance*

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

4 hours ago, Phentos said:

Companies were all but made to get in bed with China from the 1970s to the 1990s for geopolitical reasons, but, after that, it was a way to move wealth from the Middle to the Coastal Enclaves. It's always had more to do with Power & Control than Economics or even Money.

Robotics will overtake Africa for manufacturing. The Infrastructure is just not there in almost any part of Africa to be very useful. Some stuff can be moved to a few locations, but China had an intellectual, cultural and education infrastructure that was just put the purposes of the ChiComs rather than economic endeavors. As a result, the explosion in most of East Asia is just the introduction of food, money and markets willing to buy their goods. Nothing like that exists in the vast majority of Africa, and, this probably doesn't come up enough in these discussion, most of the continent doesn't have the population density capable of sustaining a strong manufacturing base. Africa is a massive expanse of Jungle, Sand and a few spots with extreme populations. None of whom really get along, with anyone.