Samsung has released A8s with Front Camera inside the screen

Furiku

So removing the connecting black bits to the edge of the screen = "removing the notch."

No... no it doesn't.

I think this is more distracting and just looks like a bunch of dead pixels. 

4 minutes ago, Arika S said:

what's the sudden massive aversion to bezels of any kind? first the notch and now under screen everything. i've never used  phone thinking "i wish the entire phone was a screen"

I also really... really don't want a phone that's all a screen. How are you supposed to hold the damn thing? 

1 minute ago, corrado33 said:

I also really... really don't want a phone that's all a screen. How are you supposed to hold the damn thing? 

this is my current phone

Image result for sony xperia xa2

sure it has large bezels at the top and bottom, but i love the design

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

this is my current phone

-snip-

sure it has large bezels at the top and bottom, but i love the design

That actually is a really pretty phone. Except I've always hated the "no physical home button" on android devices and modern iphones. 

18 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

I want to see what the companies are seeing to compel them to disregard the headphone jack o_o like is it the waterproofing, or is it not many people listen to music on their devices, or WHAT IS IT MAN

It seems that next year’s GS10/GN10 will also axe the headphone jack

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

11 minutes ago, Arika S said:

what's the sudden massive aversion to bezels of any kind? first the notch and now under screen everything. i've never used  phone thinking "i wish the entire phone was a screen"

Tech dudebros who want everything to be PRETTY and SHINY and AESTHETIC! without thinking about how that impacts durability, repairability or functionality getting what they want.

1 hour ago, Nowak said:

Tech dudebros

the same a-holes that bashed samsung when they released the GS5 and Note 4, because "muh premium feel", all that while carrying their "premium feel" phone in a... silicone case, or covering it up with a skin.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

12 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

the same a-holes that bashed samsung when they released the GS5 and Note 4, because "muh premium feel", all that while carrying their "premium feel" phone in a... silicone case, or covering it up with a skin.

Haha yes, I sure love my glass-backed Galaxy S9, which will look ugly after 10 minutes of holding it because I have sweaty palms and so the glass will get coated in fingerprints after handling it, and will likely crack if I drop it and don't have this polycarbonate case on it. But hey, I have wireless charging, a feature I don't care about, so that's cool! Which, by the way, I also had on my polycarbonate-backed Lumia Icon, and nylon-backed Droid Turbo. At least this shitty material is considered premium, because some jackasses at CNET and The Verge say so!

Oh yeah, don't forget that a $350 phone can have a headphone jack but not a $1350 phone, because the headphone jack is shitty and outdated and needs to be replaced, and how dare I want a lot of hardware features built in on my premium priced phone without needing to dedicate one of my pockets to adapters that I'll lose in a week, right? How courageous and innovative!

Man, phones are great these days, aren't they? /s

no jack no buy.

That said, I woinder how good this is on benchmarks.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Why not just get rid of the front camera. If I want a good picture of myself I turn the phone around and use the rear camera anyway.. it's really not that difficult to aim *shrugs*

On 12/11/2018 at 2:18 PM, HomeBoi said:

Stop beeing such a silly baby, its not a big deal. They usually give an adapter or else most people already own wireless headphones..

No, most people do not own wireless headphones, as they are more of hastle than they are worth

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

8 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

No, most people do not own wireless headphones, as they are more of hastle than they are worth

In your opinion they're more of a hassle, that's not universal. Most people also only use a single pair of headphones with a single device, so even using an adapter doesn't actually affect them.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, 79wjd said:

In your opinion they're more of a hassle, that's not universal. Most people also only use a single pair of headphones with a single device, so even using an adapter doesn't actually affect them.

In your opinion most people only use a single pair of headphones with a single device, that's not universal.
Not to mention that "single device" would also include desktop or laptop of some sorts.

Hell, I would say that it is very likely that people who own laptops use same headphones with their mobile devices

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

7 hours ago, Arika S said:

this is my current phone

I had a Sony phone. Didn't last 6 months.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:40 AM, wojtepanik said:

since I bought jbl in ear headphones and bose qc35 I don't need headphone jack, future is here old man.

Have fun listening to crap quality inn your Bluetooth, the su6re isn't here when there such an enormous gap in quality

31 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I had a Sony phone. Didn't last 6 months.

Weird flex but OK.

5 hours ago, sYNTHwAVE said:

Why not just get rid of the front camera. If I want a good picture of myself I turn the phone around and use the rear camera anyway.. it's really not that difficult to aim *shrugs*

I am not sure why they don't simply have a small display on the back to allow you to take a selfie with the rear camera. 

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I am not sure why they don't simply have a small display on the back to allow you to take a selfie with the rear camera. 

Adds thickness to the phone, and increase cost.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:42 AM, mynameisjuan said:

Its not just about headphones, I still need a jack for my Jeep, receiver, camp radio and buggy. Then I could add on my studio headphones which I am not replacing for BT. 

Its a big deal for some people 

These phones are usb-C I am guessing... if that is the case then they will have a usb-C to headphone jack and being USB-C you can get ones that have a jack and still can charge the phone.

Like:
https://www.gearbest.com/chargers-cables/pp_1617028.html?wid=1433363&amp;currency=USD&amp;vip=15145523&amp;gclid=Cj0KCQiAgMPgBRDDARIsAOh3uyI7AJbHL4yPJWTvM_I2bv5oGJndxEpkrguihfZ_5QSrEZ3Yww4wRuAaAu7wEALw_wcB

9 hours ago, Arika S said:

I think my Note8 looks fine tbh. Yeah, it has some bezel but it's symmetrical. I prefer having some symmetry over muh thin bezels 

7 hours ago, Nowak said:

Oh yeah, don't forget that a $350 phone can have a headphone jack but not a $1350 phone, because the headphone jack is shitty and outdated and needs to be replaced, and how dare I want a lot of hardware features built in on my premium priced phone without needing to dedicate one of my pockets to adapters that I'll lose in a week, right? How courageous and innovative!

It's all about ze money 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Adds thickness to the phone, and increase cost.

Increace in cost makes sense but a bit more thickness wouldn't be that bad seeing as most phones are so slim already. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Increace in cost makes sense but a bit more thickness wouldn't be that bad seeing as most phones are so slim already. 

Interferes with wireless charging, adds cost/complexity. Becomes an issue with cases. Not seamless to flip a phone around to take a picture and then have to flip it back around again, especially keeping in mind that people often take multiple attempts. Video chat becomes a problem if you want to do something else or if you want to show the other person what you're seeing.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

Interferes with wireless charging, adds cost/complexity. Becomes an issue with cases. Not seamless to flip a phone around to take a picture and then have to flip it back around again, especially keeping in mind that people often take multiple attempts. Video chat becomes a problem if you want to do something else or if you want to show the other person what you're seeing.

What if instead of having a notch in the screen they had a notch at the top of the phone so the outline of the phone would have a notch rather than a rectangle. I guess some phones sorta have this with the camera that flips out. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

What if instead of having a notch in the screen they had a notch at the top of the phone so the outline of the phone would have a notch rather than a rectangle. I guess some phones sorta have this with the camera that flips out. 

Or what if they had this thing called a bezel and put the camera in that area. 

25 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Or what if they had this thing called a bezel and put the camera in that area. 

Or, they just have a notch since some people do prefer the extra screen space and aren't bothered in the slightest by the presence of a notch.

Stop misconstruing the notion that everyone hates the existence of the notch just because YOU do.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler