Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EggyRepublic

Dirt cheap workstation?

Those parts are far from compatible with eachother.

Are you joking?

Pro tip, before you reply to an question or topic, answer these three questions:

1) Do I actually have an answer for OP at all?

2) Am I giving an answer that is based in multiple reliable source tests and not personal opinion or heresay?

3) Is my answer on topic, clear and concise?

If you answered "no" to any of those, close the tab.

Do not give people information you personally think is correct. Source, research and then reply. If you plain and simple don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it. It's harmful to support questions on forums to be providing people with wrong or misleading information. As well as going off topic from the original question.

i.e. "What B360 motherboard should I buy?"

>someone replies with a PC partpicker list with a ryzen system

Not what was asked.

Yeah, no. These will not work with one another what-so-ever.

If you want a powerful workstation cheap look into barebone super micro servers on eBay. You can add your own CPUs & RAM or pick something fully populated. It's a lot of power for cheap. Only downside is they're loud if you don't ghetto rig your own cooling solution.

Asus Sabertooth X58, Xeon X5680 @4.0Ghz, NZXT Kraken x61, 24Gb Klevv 1600mhz, MSI GTX 1080 Armor,

Seasonic SSR-550rm, Toshiba 1TB HDD, Silicon Power 120Gb SSD, Rosewill Stryker M

Dell Optiplex 790, i7-2600, 16GB, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 960 4GB OC, Corsair CX550M