Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EggyRepublic

Cardboard in computer case?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I would want my PC to be special, so I have this idea to create graphic designs on cardboard paper and install it in my case in various parts. What I'm wondering is would it be safe to the airflow inside and would it work well?

Yes, itll be fine. Its a common myth of those cardboard cases where everyone says "ahh its gonna catch on fire". Shit burns at like 250c or something, unless you have PC parts reaching 250c you wont cause a fire.
As far as the airflow goes, it just depends how its laid out. If youre going to make a bunch of baffles through the entire case like firearm suppressor or something, yeah its going to impact airflow. But consider that another common pc myth, the idea of cables damaging airflow potential, was entirely debunked even in the era of IDE cables, that you wont have a problem with airflow by just slapping up some cardboard around the place.

Pro tip, before you reply to an question or topic, answer these three questions:

1) Do I actually have an answer for OP at all?

2) Am I giving an answer that is based in multiple reliable source tests and not personal opinion or heresay?

3) Is my answer on topic, clear and concise?

If you answered "no" to any of those, close the tab.

Do not give people information you personally think is correct. Source, research and then reply. If you plain and simple don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it. It's harmful to support questions on forums to be providing people with wrong or misleading information. As well as going off topic from the original question.

i.e. "What B360 motherboard should I buy?"

>someone replies with a PC partpicker list with a ryzen system

Not what was asked.

Should be fine, just to be safe keep them away from fans (might get sucked in and get cut up :() and anything hot (CPU cooler, GPU)

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL GPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

MY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz and pushing | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU HD 4600 (no heavy gaming on this rig!) | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" 2560x1080 Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER STUFF I OWN:

2017 Audi Q7 (I consider it a piece of tech) | iPhone Xs Max Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge | Huawei Watch 2 Sport | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | Xbox One [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | Jaybird Freedom (x2) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds] | harman/kardon CL