Japan bans Huawei and ZTE 5G networking hardware; will Canada be next? + Huawei Blacklisted in New Zealand

Speed Weed
11 hours ago, leo1798 said:

The true irony is that the US spies on people far more prevalently and severely than China for everyone outside of China's sphere of influence which is limited to China itself, North Korea, and certain parts of Africa. 

Double standard is nothing new for the US.

45 minutes ago, Deli said:

Double standard is nothing new for the US.

Or for anyone / any government / any organization for that matter.

The only difference is whether they can get away with it ?.

4 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Everyone tries to paint this whole situation back on the USA, but given how many countries are following suit, there has to be something going on behind the scenes that they're not telling us.  Multiple countries globally don't just randomly decide to wage war (metaphorically speaking) with a single company, without some sort of reason.

They're all US allies. It really doesn't get any simpler than that. The US's closest allies will allways disproportionately follow it's foreign policy outlook as part of that.

That dosen;t mean there isn't somthing dodgy, but until someone comes forward with more that sayso it could also all be part of a foreign policy that's based on made up nonsense, it's not like the US and its closest allies haven't pulled that one before.

6 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Everyone tries to paint this whole situation back on the USA, but given how many countries are following suit, there has to be something going on behind the scenes that they're not telling us.  Multiple countries globally don't just randomly decide to wage war (metaphorically speaking) with a single company, without some sort of reason.

Funny story: McCarthy was actually right.

It always bugs me when people get that wrong (especially when our own politicians say it wrong).

- No, it's pretty simple actually. The US is the world's largest, most powerful military, economic, and political force. If a country in their sphere of influence tries to disobey them, they magically have a change of government; this has happened dozens of times to less developed nations, but the US even staged a "coup" of sorts in Australia when their PM tried to kick out US intelligence agencies for spying on their country: https://bit.ly/2fQbW7F

- Right about what? Leading a witch-hunt? Okay then.

- The US is honestly neither, but for the sake of this forum I'll leave it at that.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

8 minutes ago, leo1798 said:

the US even staged a "coup" of sorts in Australia when their PM tried to kick out US intelligence agencies for spying on their country: https://bit.ly/2fQbW7F

I'd have to read up on that some more - and I've never claimed the USA is perfect - but that article is long on assumptions and short on verifiable facts.

9 minutes ago, leo1798 said:

Right about what? Leading a witch-hunt? Okay then.

Right that a number of the very people he claimed were communists, many years later turned out to actually be communists.  I'm not saying McCarthy was a good man, or even that his methods were the best, but that doesn't mean he wasn't right.

However, this is going far off topic, and is liable to end up getting the thread closed if we continue.  You're welcome to PM me if you wish to discuss it further.

10 hours ago, leo1798 said:

- No, it's pretty simple actually. The US is the world's largest, most powerful military, economic, and political force. If a country in their sphere of influence tries to disobey them, they magically have a change of government; this has happened dozens of times to less developed nations, but the US even staged a "coup" of sorts in Australia when their PM tried to kick out US intelligence agencies for spying on their country: https://bit.ly/2fQbW7F

- Right about what? Leading a witch-hunt? Okay then.

- The US is honestly neither, but for the sake of this forum I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for that laugh, but I believe the rule is not be so political on these forums.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

17 hours ago, mr moose said:

Thanks for that laugh, but I believe the rule is not be so political on these forums.

I kept everything unrelated to tech short and sweet, but okay. The main point there was related to surveillance throughout history

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

On 12/10/2018 at 2:41 PM, Speed Weed said:

Huawei

Major security risk they are, but the tel-co's are stuck in a rut, spent billions on roll out.

6 hours ago, leo1798 said:

I kept everything unrelated to tech short and sweet, but okay. The main point there was related to surveillance throughout history

I know it's hard to not get political in threads that at their core are political, but you made some pretty daft insinuations that were completely unrelated.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.