Corsair now sell 'Fake Ram' to fill your RGB needs

jeffnotgeoff
19 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

I don't get why people get so triggered over this sort of stuff. If you care about your asthetics enough to drop another 40$ to fill your empty RAM slots with dummy modules, be my guest, what do I care.

its ltt

bitching about everything is common

$40 which is opening price we prolly will see $30 later

but we all have thrown $60 away on games many times over for an hour of play

this is "pretty" much same thing, but might get less or more depending on user

I dont see why its a problem at all

I could play with this for 20mins set to my color scheme and be done, if I change schemes I can change it simple

overpriced? lol its a niche item

shit people paid 20 to 30 for a fan, bracket/shroud, case feet/casters, grills, etc shit this list could go on forever

I find it funny people are bitching about having MORE OPTIONS

also time is money

many of us here are wasting it just talking about it, so funny and ironic

2 minutes ago, asus killer said:

i'll wait for the cheap knock off Chinese version for 2$ free shipping.

i'd go 10ish per stick if I can use almost any software

Just now, pas008 said:

i'd go 10ish per stick if I can use almost any software

didn't think this through, yes software should be an issue. Still Chinese are very creative... at copying ?

11 hours ago, dizmo said:

Huh? Every single quad channel motherboard I've seen has 8 slots, not 16.

Ya sorry. I was rushing to get to a last minute meeting and keep thinking of server boards. It would be 8 and not 16 and triple would have been 6.

I am just too use to dealing with server boards with multi cpu sockets and my last gaming machine with triple channel was an old Sr2 build that has been long since retired and given to a friend of mine who can still actually use it. That was probably the single most expensive thing I have ever built and it was a beast, but it didn't last for high FPS gaming like I wished it did.

This is brilliant! I wonder if it'd be possible take the heat spreaders here and put them on standard budget memory, that'd be sweet!

This desire to RGB everything, needs to die. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

4 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

This desire to RGB everything, needs to die. 

We need to RGB you.

I mean... at $40 that is expensive. I'd rather spend a bit more and get an actual extra 16GB of ram.

Hell, without price gauging by DRAM manufacturers, 16GB of DDR4 shouldn't cost much more than $40 anyway! I remember when you could buy 16GB of DDR3 for like $60.

19 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

We need to RGB you.

I bought a K95 RGB for the office and the first thing I did was turn the lighting under the key caps off. 

Maybe I'm just old, but the need to have all the flashing, waving lights on everything just seems so juvenile. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

4 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I bought a K95 RGB for the office and the first thing I did was turn the lighting under the key caps off. 

Maybe I'm just old, but the need to have all the flashing, waving lights on everything just seems so juvenile. 

I don't get why most people don't understand you can just set it to a static color or turn it off completely. :P

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

I don't get why most people don't understand you can just set it to a static color or turn it off completely. :P

You can, but you still paid extra for it.

Just why, having fake DIMMs to make it appear to have more RAM or no wait, even dumber. Because more lights! 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

And here is your answer.

Thats a bit rood. You shouldnt attack

people like that, its not how this community works, friend.

Moist

It's funny that they're selling this "faux kit" at the price that real RAM should be.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

I mean, I guess...

A decent RGB strip is $30 so this isn't a huge step up.

it's time

Bummer. i just spent the $220 (CAD) for another kit to balance out the RGB in the ram slots.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

8 hours ago, Kenji the Uke said:

Thats a bit rood. You shouldnt attack

people like that, its not how this community works, friend.

My post was not intended to be rude or an attack. It was pointing out the irony of someone stating no one was going to buy fake RAM modules just to get fill empty slots with RGB only to be immediately followed with your post stating you would buy it. If anything, the one being rude and attacking anyone was RorzNZ and you set yourself up for it with your response.

Rood instead of rude? Really? And yes, that is a counterattack since you chose to attack me. Btw, here are a couple of apostrophes for you to use since you apparently don't have any: ' '  One who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

4 hours ago, IrshaadH said:

It's funny that they're selling this "faux kit" at the price that real RAM should be.

Not exactly.

They're charging 80% of the price that the cheapest 2x4gb kit would cost. The cheapest option for Corsair RGB memory is a 2x8gb kit for $130.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

5 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

My post was not intended to be rude or an attack. It was pointing out the irony of someone stating no one was going to buy fake RAM modules just to get fill empty slots with RGB only to be immediately followed with your post stating you would buy it. If anything, the one being rude and attacking anyone was RorzNZ and you set yourself up for it with your response.

Rood instead of rude? Really? And yes, that is a counterattack since you chose to attack me. Btw, here are a couple of apostrophes for you to use since you apparently don't have any: ' '  One who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.

Yes, I was being light-hearted about it. Why are you being a child about this? I never attacked you, not once. Not a single time. You immediately started with the insults, i interjected a seperate point of view, then proceeded to attack me. If you're gonna be a spoiled little child about this, then you are not worth arguing with. Those who turn to attacks have no more room to argue with, so they lash out. This product is meant for people who enjoy aesthetics. We are not in a community that is being forced to do purely use over looks. Its people like you that yell at the next generation for their ways, saying its stupid. You are an idiot.

I will no longer be replying to this thread, since its becoming too hostile because people can't keep themselves from being outraged over a product not aimed at them. 

Moist