Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
harjm

New motherboard for pc upgrade

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi is this deal worth it https://www.ebuyer.com/860390-msi-mpg-z390-gaming-pro-carbon-lga-1151-ddr4-motherboard-mpg-z390-gaming-pro-carbon?utm_source=hotukdeals&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=hotukdeals

 

Or am I better of getting a Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO 

 

My pc spec will be 

I7 9700k 

Gskill ripjaw 16gb 

Samsung 970 nvme

Noctua NH d15 or dark rock pro 4 

 

 

Thanks for the help 

Link to post
Share on other sites

aorus pro, without a doubt. the msi z390's (and asus for that matter) boards aren't that good. and the gigabyte aorus are exeptional with 12 phase power designs on a lot of boards


PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want my honest opinion, Just get a 8700k, z370, and get a bigger sata based SSD. 9700k is the exact same performance as the 8700k, for more. z390 Is only worth it if your buying a 9900k.

 

You do not Need NVME, It does Absolutely Nothing for 99.7% of users. It does not make your games load faster, it does not boot your OS faster, it does not load your 123213 Chrome tabs faster (anything between 1-3 seconds is not worth the extra cost) . NVME should only be used for Business Video Editing, AUTO CAD files, and Large file workloads. Unless its a good deal and is within 10$ of the same size device.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

aorus pro, without a doubt. the msi z390's (and asus for that matter) boards aren't that good. and the gigabyte aorus are exeptional with 12 phase power designs on a lot of boards

Thanks for the reply was thinking the same too 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

If you want my honest opinion, Just get a 8700k, z370, and get a bigger sata based SSD. 9700k is the exact same performance as the 8700k, for more. z390 Is only worth it if your buying a 9900k.

 

You do not Need NVME, It does Absolutely Nothing for 99.7% of users. It does not make your games load faster, it does not boot your OS faster, it does not load your 123213 Chrome tabs faster (anything between 1-3 seconds is not worth the extra cost) . NVME should only be used for Business Video Editing, AUTO CAD files, and Large file workloads. Unless its a good deal and is within 10$ of the same size device.

Hi thanks for the advice I have heard that quite abit too about getting the 8700k instead and might end up doing that tbh.

 

The nvme I ended buying as a offer Amazon had on black Friday for £170 I do agree there will not bee much difference noticed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

If you want my honest opinion, Just get a 8700k, z370, and get a bigger sata based SSD. 9700k is the exact same performance as the 8700k, for more. z390 Is only worth it if your buying a 9900k.

 

You do not Need NVME, It does Absolutely Nothing for 99.7% of users. It does not make your games load faster, it does not boot your OS faster, it does not load your 123213 Chrome tabs faster (anything between 1-3 seconds is not worth the extra cost) . NVME should only be used for Business Video Editing, AUTO CAD files, and Large file workloads. Unless its a good deal and is within 10$ of the same size device.

Which motherboard would you recommend for the 8700k and will my cooler master hyper 212 be enough or should I still upgrade CPU fan 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, harjm said:

Which motherboard would you recommend for the 8700k and will my cooler master hyper 212 be enough or should I still upgrade CPU fan 

there are better coolers for it. but those z390 aorus boards work great for the 8700k too


PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

there are better coolers for it. but those z390 aorus boards work great for the 8700k too

Cool thanks again 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×