New motherboard for pc upgrade

harjm

Hi is this deal worth it https://www.ebuyer.com/860390-msi-mpg-z390-gaming-pro-carbon-lga-1151-ddr4-motherboard-mpg-z390-gaming-pro-carbon?utm_source=hotukdeals&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=hotukdeals

Or am I better of getting a Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO 

My pc spec will be 

I7 9700k 

Gskill ripjaw 16gb 

Samsung 970 nvme

Noctua NH d15 or dark rock pro 4 

Thanks for the help 

aorus pro, without a doubt. the msi z390's (and asus for that matter) boards aren't that good. and the gigabyte aorus are exeptional with 12 phase power designs on a lot of boards

If you want my honest opinion, Just get a 8700k, z370, and get a bigger sata based SSD. 9700k is the exact same performance as the 8700k, for more. z390 Is only worth it if your buying a 9900k.

You do not Need NVME, It does Absolutely Nothing for 99.7% of users. It does not make your games load faster, it does not boot your OS faster, it does not load your 123213 Chrome tabs faster (anything between 1-3 seconds is not worth the extra cost) . NVME should only be used for Business Video Editing, AUTO CAD files, and Large file workloads. Unless its a good deal and is within 10$ of the same size device.

9 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

aorus pro, without a doubt. the msi z390's (and asus for that matter) boards aren't that good. and the gigabyte aorus are exeptional with 12 phase power designs on a lot of boards

Thanks for the reply was thinking the same too 

3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

If you want my honest opinion, Just get a 8700k, z370, and get a bigger sata based SSD. 9700k is the exact same performance as the 8700k, for more. z390 Is only worth it if your buying a 9900k.

You do not Need NVME, It does Absolutely Nothing for 99.7% of users. It does not make your games load faster, it does not boot your OS faster, it does not load your 123213 Chrome tabs faster (anything between 1-3 seconds is not worth the extra cost) . NVME should only be used for Business Video Editing, AUTO CAD files, and Large file workloads. Unless its a good deal and is within 10$ of the same size device.

Hi thanks for the advice I have heard that quite abit too about getting the 8700k instead and might end up doing that tbh.

The nvme I ended buying as a offer Amazon had on black Friday for £170 I do agree there will not bee much difference noticed 

5 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Which motherboard would you recommend for the 8700k and will my cooler master hyper 212 be enough or should I still upgrade CPU fan 

8 minutes ago, harjm said:

Which motherboard would you recommend for the 8700k and will my cooler master hyper 212 be enough or should I still upgrade CPU fan 

there are better coolers for it. but those z390 aorus boards work great for the 8700k too

18 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

there are better coolers for it. but those z390 aorus boards work great for the 8700k too

Cool thanks again