Display Port to DVI-D adapater capable of 144hz

DrBonesMcCoy

I am going to be getting an RTX 2080 at christmas then a 1440p monitor in May... How ever my XL2411 only has DVI-D/ HDMI 1.2 or 1.4 and VGA.. I wanna be able to drive the monitor at 144hz as I have gotten used to it and it is really smooth...

Is there any adapater capable of this? Is it possible the Type C Connection could be utilised?

Links (preferably for UK sites) are appreciated

The Darkened Phantom(With some light shining through)

CPU: I7-8700K @4.9Ghz 1.313 V Core

COOLER: Corsair H115i

GPU: 1070 Founders Edition @Stock settings

RAM: 16GB DDR4 CL14 TEAM GROUP DARK PRO 8PACK Hand picked Samsung B-Dies @ 3200mhz

PSU: Corsair RM 850X

CASE: Enthoo Pro M Special Edition

STORAGE: 1X 128GB SSD, 1X120GB SSD, 1 X 500GB NVME PCIE SSD and 1X 2TB HDD

According to this thread, it's problematic:

I have a BenQ XL2411Z / Acer GN246HL or another 120+ Hz monitor with no DisplayPort input. What should I do?

Some 1080p 144 Hz displays, such as the BenQ/Zowie XL2411Z and Acer GN246HL, only have DVI and HDMI inputs, they do not have DisplayPort. Furthermore, the HDMI ports on these monitors are limited to 60 Hz, which means that the Dual-Link DVI port must be used in order to reach 144 Hz on these monitors.

This can be problematic for people that want to use these monitors with laptops, or with newer graphics cards that don't have native DVI outputs, or want to set up multiple monitors but don't have enough DVI ports. HDMI-to-DVI and DisplayPort-to-DVI passive adapters will not work, because HDMI and DisplayPort only support passive adapters to Single-Link DVI, which has a maximum of 60 Hz at 1080p. A Dual-Link DVI connection is required for 1080p 120+ Hz.

Please also note that many HDMI-to-DVI and DisplayPort-to-DVI passive adapters will be disguised and falsely advertised as "Dual-Link DVI" adapters, so if you think you've found one, you haven't. HDMI and DisplayPort do not support passive adapters to Dual-Link DVI, they are all Single-Link DVI adapters no matter what they say or what they look like.

If your computer does not have a native Dual-Link DVI output, then the only other way of getting a Dual-Link DVI connection is with a DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI active adapter. Please note that not just any DP-to-DVI active adapter will work; it must be a Dual-Link DVI active adapter. There are active adapters which only support Single-Link DVI, intended for multi-monitor configurations on some older AMD graphics cards (detailed here), and these adapters will not work for 1080p 120+ Hz.

DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI active adapters tend to be unreliable, and should only be used as a last resort if you have no other method of connecting. If you have not purchased your monitor yet I suggest you do not buy the XL2411Z or GN246HL, but instead get a monitor that has a DisplayPort input.

I have tested this adapter to work up to 1920 × 1080 @ 144 Hz:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DYRQXMK/
However, at 144 Hz I did experience loss of signal when turning the monitor off and then on again, or putting the computer to sleep and waking it up again. I did not experience any issues when running at 1080p 120 Hz instead though.

As always, active adapters tend to be very finicky and I cannot guarantee that the adapter will behave the same on your system. My testing was done with an AOC G2460PF and a Radeon RX 480 and GeForce GTX 1080.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.