500Mb/s internet ouly outputting about 100Mb/s

CoolBoi47
Go to solution Solved by brwainer,

That is showing that the port is linking at 100Mb/s. This probably isn't a setting (it is probably set to auto speed) and you actually have a cable problem or other issue. Here's how you can test:

-swap the cables in LAN1 and LAN2

-if LAN1 stays at 100Mb/s, then the issue is either the settings in the router, or the pins inside LAN1 are bent or broken (look closely with a flashlight)

-if LAN2 changes to 100Mb/s and LAN1 changes to 1Gb/s, then the issue is either the ethernet cable you are using, or something on the other end

So i recently upgraded my internet from about 10 mb/s to 500, but im only getting about 100mb/s, i dont know why sience when i connect the cable straight to the wall im getting my 500mb/s but not through my router, i see that this setting thing is set to 100mb/s in the router settings, am i able to change this setting my any means? i have looked aroud the internet but i dont seem to find how i can do so, would love to have this resolved so i can enjoy my full internet speed

internet.png.2c4e4ecb619f26a08ebdf279b1151415.png

Im actually having a similar issue with my ASUS router (RTAC56U). I have it going to a Linksys gigabit router that I am using as a switch, then plugging into my motherboard with GIgabit, but I am only getting a 100Mbps connection. My internet is only 100Mbps so it's not a big deal, but I use my desktop as a media server so it would be nice to get better speeds on my home network.

The link between my ASUS router and my Linksys router is only at 100Mbps, as is my connection between my Linksys router and PC

Nevermind, my Linksys router is actually a 100Mbps router.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

That is showing that the port is linking at 100Mb/s. This probably isn't a setting (it is probably set to auto speed) and you actually have a cable problem or other issue. Here's how you can test:

-if LAN1 stays at 100Mb/s, then the issue is either the settings in the router, or the pins inside LAN1 are bent or broken (look closely with a flashlight)

-if LAN2 changes to 100Mb/s and LAN1 changes to 1Gb/s, then the issue is either the ethernet cable you are using, or something on the other end

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

16 hours ago, brwainer said:

THANK FUCKING GOD IT FINALLY FUCKING WORKED, YOU ARE MY SAVIOR, I FUCKING LOVE YOU MAN ❤️