Cpu suddenly underpreforming?

Vod

Hello!

So today I noticed that when I played games I would get less fps than I would like yesterday, and I went into tast manager and the cpu usage was at 30%-40% with only discord open.

The games I noticed where having less fps were csgo and fortnite.

In fortnite buildings wouldn't even load in sometimes and I would have to wait with constant lag spikes, and in csgo the fps was lower than ussual, from high settings i was hitting around 70-80 fps but now on lowest i can barely hit 55 fps.

Specs:
Cpu - ahtlon x4 845

gpu - gtx 750ti

that is a REALLY old cpu. You are probably getting less fps because stuff is running in the background. open task manager, sort list by cpu usage. screenshot it here

3 hours ago, saksham said:

that is a REALLY old cpu. You are probably getting less fps because stuff is running in the background. open task manager, sort list by cpu usage. screenshot it here

It just fixed it self, I looked at the temp before and the temps where reaching up to 90 celsious, but now, even tho I didn't do anything, the temps are at 60 at it's highest points.

2 minutes ago, Vod said:

It just fixed it self, I looked at the temp before and the temps where reaching up to 90 celsious, but now, even tho I didn't do anything, the temps are at 60 at it's highest points.

check the fan just to be sure

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, aezakmi said:

check the fan just to be sure

I did, looks fine to me

2 hours ago, Vod said:

It was probably software hogging the cpu, next time it happens open task manager and sort by CPU use and you should know.