New PC builder needs help

Hi, I was able to put my system together the other day and all was going well. I was using the system for a couple of hours, updating windows and downloading the programs I wanted, but then it suddenly switched off. When turning it back on the pc looks like it's on, all the fans spinning and aio pump going, but all I get on the screen is a white line in the top left corner of a black screen. It's an Asus z370e motherboard and the post LEDs stop on the BOOT_LED, which is green. 

I have unplugged everything and reseated it all. I have removed all unnecessary components. I have tried to reset the bios by shorting CLRTC pins and removing the battery for a while. None of this has done anything. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

20181206_213805.jpg

Not seeing any obvious GPUs or any display cables running to one. Full specs and we don't have to speculate.

Is your display cable plugged in? Its that an HDMI/Display port plug into your mobo or is that a USB cable and you have no display cable plugged in?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

6 minutes ago, Mykillcode said:

Hi, I was able to put my system together the other day and all was going well. I was using the system for a couple of hours, updating windows and downloading the programs I wanted, but then it suddenly switched off. When turning it back on the pc looks like it's on, all the fans spinning and aio pump going, but all I get on the screen is a white line in the top left corner of a black screen. It's an Asus z370e motherboard and the post LEDs stop on the BOOT_LED, which is green. 

I have unplugged everything and reseated it all. I have removed all unnecessary components. I have tried to reset the bios by shorting CLRTC pins and removing the battery for a while. None of this has done anything. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

20181206_213805.jpg

try using the VGA Output (i think from this angle its a little hard to see) and if that works than its the HDMI output if not than try with a GPU if you have access to one

The white line means that the PC does not detect any hard disk with an OS on it. Check your boot priority. If everything is fine there and your hard disk is attached properly with the sata and data cables, you will probably have to reinstall windows. 

Hi, so I have an 8700k in an Asus z370e motherboard with 16gb of gskill trident z memory. The storage is Samsung 970 SSD, 250gb. I am not able to get to the UEFI to sort boot priority. I only get this screen, no splash screen at all. It was connected by hdmi in this shot but I have since connected by DVI and I have the same problem. 

remove the drive and try a different slot

boot w/o drive to get into bios and switch boot from uefi to legacy or vice versa

boot with drive and secure wipe it then reinstall

just a couple of ideas for you :) 

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

3 hours ago, ShadowChaser said:

remove the drive and try a different slot

boot w/o drive to get into bios and switch boot from uefi to legacy or vice versa

boot with drive and secure wipe it then reinstall

just a couple of ideas for you :) 

Thanks for the idea. Tried this and there's no change ?. Same things happen. 

15 hours ago, Mykillcode said:

Thanks for the idea. Tried this and there's no change ?. Same things happen. 

So were you able to get into bios at all?

If not try booting w/o any drives attached and see if it still gives you a blank screen. If it does, you might have a bigger problem. If not, just return the drive if possible or RMA it. Samsung is pretty good in this department.

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

1 hour ago, ShadowChaser said:

So were you able to get into bios at all?

If not try booting w/o any drives attached and see if it still gives you a blank screen. If it does, you might have a bigger problem. If not, just return the drive if possible or RMA it. Samsung is pretty good in this department.

No I can't get to the bios. I have removed the drive and still get the blank screen and no splash screen or bios.