Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM

Arkatek

Scythe definitely impressed me with the build quality of these fans, they are made with a very hard plastic that feels very different from all other fans. The blades of the fans are made the the same hard plastic and the motor runs at a silent hum on full speed. The motor hub is a bit larger than normal 120mm fans but that's because Scythe claims to have an integrated anti-vibration system which seems to work as these fans hardly make a sound. the corners of the fans are closed so you will have to use long radiator type screws when installing into tapped holes, also due to the tough plastic you would need to lubricate the case mounting screws before you attempt to screw them in. These fans are fantastic on radiators and in free flowing situations as well pushing a large volume of air with minimal noise. Unfortunately Scythe USA is closed so Gentle Typhoons will soon be difficult to find in North America so I would snap up a few as soon as you can.

Do you think these are better than the static pressure fans that comes with the H100i? When I get my tex refund I am getting the H100i and would like to make sure I got the best possible fans for airflow and longevity. Thanks!

FX-8350          ASUS Crosshair V         MSi R9 290X Gaming 4G

The SP120s that come with the cooler are apparently very gd but i would still assume the gentle typhoons are better. I use them and they are very gd. Noise levels are a bit high on full speed but the sp120s will prob still be worse.

As slick has sed b4 the noise is really just air flow, not the annoying motor noise u get with some fans.

Performance-wise they are among the best rad fans u can get

Thank you for the info.

FX-8350          ASUS Crosshair V         MSi R9 290X Gaming 4G

Performance-wise they are among the best rad fans u can get

Except for noctua fans! Actually you can hide noctua fans behind the rad so you can't even complain about the colour scheme if are using them with rads.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Do you think these are better than the static pressure fans that comes with the H100i? When I get my tex refund I am getting the H100i and would like to make sure I got the best possible fans for airflow and longevity. Thanks!
They might not perform a lot better than the fans that come with the h100i but they will be a LOT quieter