LTX Loner Meetup!! (Traveling alone and looking for chill people to hang with at LTX)

DeBouncyBahl

I'll be flying in from Penticton Friday night if anyone wants to hang before the event. I'm staying at the Samesun Hostel until Monday. I'll also be at the BYOC.

@Infensus oh wicked. I've never stayed in a hostel so I opted for the shared bathroom private room. 

32 minutes ago, Austinjh said:

@Infensus oh wicked. I've never stayed in a hostel so I opted for the shared bathroom private room. 

Sweet, I've just gone for a mixed dorm. Much cheaper, I arrive on the evening of Thursday 25th. If you're looking to chill/head to the con with someone I'd be down. It'll be likely there's more people staying at Samesun going to LTX. Feel free to DM me 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 1:33 AM, DeBouncyBahl said:

I'll be going to LTX for the first time this year and id love to meet / talk with some of you before I get there. I'd hate to get there and go from booth to booth alone with no one to enjoy it with like the sad loner I am back home :D. So hit me up you want to meet up at LTX. This community seems super cool and I'd love to meet some of you. I'm also open to carpooling or just traveling together since my best option right now is a 27 hour train/bus ride cause I'm broke. As far as general age/location, I'm a freshman at Foothill Community College, in California.

Also, I know this is super early, but it's my best bet at meeting people as hyped for LTX as I am.

I'm wanting to go their with my brother from Sheffield UK

Just now, Bluueer said:

wating

*wanting*

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be taking a flight from Toronto. Still haven't decided on what to do for housing.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

On 3/17/2019 at 2:43 PM, Infensus said:

Sweet, I've just gone for a mixed dorm. Much cheaper, I arrive on the evening of Thursday 25th. If you're looking to chill/head to the con with someone I'd be down. It'll be likely there's more people staying at Samesun going to LTX. Feel free to DM me 

How did you search for Hostels? I need help finding housing.

I'm an American 43 who works and lives in Germany I'll be heading up the week before and traveling around then staying near the convention center, I think, and hiring (renting) a car.  I plan on bringing a SFF computer and portable monitor for the BYOC or I may buy parts and build it there.  

On 4/21/2019 at 7:03 PM, DaiGurenMK42 said:

How did you search for Hostels? I need help finding housing.

I just googled hostels in Vancouver and looked for ones near the convention centre, with decent reviews, I booked with hostelworld specifically but there are loads of options

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone wanted to do a scrapyard wars marathon? If so, let's discuss the details and all. See y'all in July. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 2:48 PM, Arcticloon said:

I'll be driving up from Seattle. It would be fun to meet and hang out with some people. 

turns out I found a way up I am also coming from seattle

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 1:47 PM, BrinkGG said:

I'm hopefully traveling out of Riverside/Temecula area to go, I would most likely drive up thursday/friday and drive back monday/tuesday. I'm still waiting to hear back from work to hear if I can take those days off, but if you're looking for a carpool, I'd be down to drive up. Even if other people want to get in on this traveling along my route (through LA, through San Francisco, etc). 

Just waiting on work to give me the okay. :D

My friend and I are driving from San Diego. If you want to join forces and split the cost let me know!

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 1:18 AM, Shorttimer said:

My impression from last year was that women were more than 1% but less than 20%. No idea how many were enthusiasts or plus one's. You can get a bit of an idea from looking at the galley. Also, I'm in my 60's and there were enough over 21 that I didn't feel out of place. For me the tough part was being solo, since there were a lot of lines which would have been easier to deal with if I had someone to chat with.

Don't worry Jay will be there...?

I'll be heading over from Victoria solo.

I'm debating just borrowing a gaming laptop for the BYOC so I can lug it around in a backpack when I don't want to play or trusting the people and leaving my machine unattended for a few hours.

I'd love to meet up with some laid back folks just wandering around the different booths/events and maybe a pint of beer and dinner nearby.

I'm 37 which I guess is old but I don't feel it :)

Last tech related conference / expo I went to was CES in 2014 and PAX in 2005 :)

I'm motorcycling up from Sacramento/NorCal. 
If anyone wants to split hotel or caravan, know I want to toooo!

Update: got hostel at Samesun Vancouver, way cheaper than a hotel xP

On 6/30/2019 at 3:06 PM, YevNi said:

Nice, I'll be staying there as well.

On 6/30/2019 at 11:06 PM, YevNi said:

Yep staying there too!

A little late to the party, but I'm flying solo from Toronto and would love some company at the convention. :) 

On 7/3/2019 at 7:43 AM, Infensus said:

Yep staying there too!

Oh me too! Let's meet up if you want to! 

13 hours ago, DaiGurenMK42 said:

Oh me too! Let's meet up if you want to! 

Yep already spoken to the other Samesun guys about meeting up, drop a message when you're there! I'm sure we'll bump into you anyway

Am freaked out by Airbnb prices, got a 2 garage house in Richmond a couple of blocks from River Rd for Friday & Saturday nights for $260 US including all fees. That's after looking at use of a bedroom for $30, all right in the same area.

Kaiser House

I will be coming from St.Louis, also a first timer. I will have a buddy who is traveling with me but we welcome anyone to hang around. Also will be in the BYOC area as well.

On 1/27/2019 at 11:53 PM, imreloadin said:

I totally read the title as "LTT Stoner Meetup!!"

I was all like hell yeah...waaaaiiiiiiittttt a damn minute...

I'm flying in from Cincinnati on Wednesday, was planning on my friend coming along with me to sample the local herbs during the week but he had to cancel last minute. so I have 2-3 days with nothing else to do... 

Edit: I'm staying at the Vancouver Austin guest house (in Coquitlam)

Edited by Handmeat
Added my hotel

First time going to LTX. Also first time going to a LAN like this. I'm staying at the Best Westin downtown. I'm up to hang out/lunch/drinks/etc. Coming in from Austin, TX