LTX Loner Meetup!! (Traveling alone and looking for chill people to hang with at LTX)

DeBouncyBahl

I'd love to come, but flying in from Germany would be kinda expencive ._.

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

I'm also flying solo to LTX19.

Would love to meet some people to hang out with before/during/after the event.

I'm flying from Israel, it's quite expensive...

I'm trying to plan out a trip, my friends keep telling me to do a long trip (a week+) and they suggest I go to NY for a few days after the event as I have yet to travel in the US.

I'm open to suggestions, also if Airbnb is a good option and someone looking for more people to share an Airbnb (or any other suggestion) just send me a private message.

I am going to be following this topic as I will be coming in alone too most likely.  The wife has no interest but I still would love to go.  I am 32 to add to the age group data.

On 2/6/2019 at 9:48 AM, pottlepaul said:

I am going to be following this topic as I will be coming in alone too most likely.  The wife has no interest but I still would love to go.  I am 32 to add to the age group data.

yay, someone else in their 30's!

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

Maybe some of you already saw my thread, that I'm looking for someone who is also flying from Austria to LTX. Sharing an AirBNB would be a good option to save a few bucks. Unfortunately the flights are expensive af. I'm planning to stay about a week in Vancouver. Arriving 2019-07-25 and leaving 2019-07-31 (or maybe staying over the following weekend because of the pride in Vancouver on 2019-08-04). I don't know yet.

Also I want to get a VIP ticket.

For the statistics, I'm 37 as you can see on my avatar ?

1 minute ago, BigChunnyS said:

yEAh We cAn meEt uP aNd FucC XD ?

Uhmmm... No? ?

37 here, lol I guess I am out.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

Im 37 and might come out from Edmonton, its like a 12 hour drive so not to bad, just trying to decide if I wanna come out for the full experience or just hit it up on saturday and sunday

On 12/8/2018 at 5:33 PM, DeBouncyBahl said:

I'll be going to LTX for the first time this year and id love to meet / talk with some of you before I get there. I'd hate to get there and go from booth to booth alone with no one to enjoy it with like the sad loner I am back home :D. So hit me up you want to meet up at LTX. This community seems super cool and I'd love to meet some of you. I'm also open to carpooling or just traveling together since my best option right now is a 27 hour train/bus ride cause I'm broke. As far as general age/location, I'm a freshman at Foothill Community College, in California.

Also, I know this is super early, but it's my best bet at meeting people as hyped for LTX as I am.

I am 18 most likely driving up from Central Oregon, not 100% if I can make it, depends on my money situation, but if it works out and you can make it here I would be fine with a carpool.

Hi,

First time attending LTX. I will travel from Sweden to LTX19. Flight and hotel booked one month ago.

I am also an old timer Dreamhack Crew in Sweden (22+ event) and I will try to be that at LTX as Dreamhack crew. 
If it doesn't go as I planned then I will be there anyway as a visitor and will gladly meet up and hang out at the event.

I am 26 from Central California and will also be traveling alone. I've never been to Canada before or any convention. Looking forward to it. I work on commercial A/C controls and programs. 

On 2/1/2019 at 8:26 AM, Sprawlie said:

I have a feeling if I do make it, i'll be the old gramps of the group at 38....

good thing I have the maturity of a 16 year old then.

42 here.  traveling alone and will be flying in from wisconsin.  although, no one believes I am 42.  most think i am late 20s to early 30s (both od which confuse me).  used to run lan parties and worked in live tv and video production and broadcast engineering  for 12 years before switching over to business process consulting and information science stuff in the dreaded insurance business for another...more than 12 years ?

Most likely bringing my gaming laptop with.  looking forward to meeting some new people and visiting a new country.

On 12/13/2018 at 11:01 PM, IsaacJ2826 said:

Me and a few friends are probably going, we are driving from Wisconsin

where abouts in Wisconsin?  would you be willing to let another tag along and help pay for gas and stuff?  I am in the Eau Claire area.

I am in Des Moines, IA and plan on leaving for the long drive 7/23 after work or early 7/24, I plan on driving through SD, MT, ID, WA and on into Canada. I may be willing to pickup along the way but I cannot promise comfort LOL. I'll have one seat open in my convertible (hoping for some beautiful weather). I may be making a pit stop in Helena, MT to see some fam but other than that some company for the ride may be nice. 

5 hours ago, camarokris said:

I am in Des Moines, IA and plan on leaving for the long drive 7/23 after work or early 7/24, I plan on driving through SD, MT, ID, WA and on into Canada. I may be willing to pickup along the way but I cannot promise comfort LOL. I'll have one seat open in my convertible (hoping for some beautiful weather). I may be making a pit stop in Helena, MT to see some fam but other than that some company for the ride may be nice. 

i might be willing to drive down to des moines and car pool

If you guys get random drug tested, then that sucks majorly. I live 20 mins drive from LTX and would totally be down to hangout with someone at LTX and smoke some pot before the BYOC if anyone is bringing their PC lol. 

I just bought my tickets for the 2-day pass. If anyone wants to double(or more) up for a hotel cause I'm broke af

Edit: I'm fucking stupid I just realized it's in Vancouver, not Toronto who wants 2 buy my ticket :(  

Edited by TheSeventhLLama

On 2/1/2019 at 10:18 AM, imreloadin said:

If it's still illegal wherever you actually live then it's not really worth it.

right but there's a pretty good chance if the person wants to have a stoner probably they probably have already had weed. even though its illegal its never been hard to get

1 hour ago, TheSeventhLLama said:

I just bought my tickets for the 2-day pass. If anyone wants to double(or more) up for a hotel cause I'm broke af

Edit: I'm fucking stupid I just realized it's in Vancouver, not Toronto who wants 2 buy my ticket :(  

maybe try to refund i'm not sure what there policy is going to be for getting tickets some cons ive go to require id checks and that it matchs the tickets 

I'm coming up from Washington, planning on doing the BYOC and pulling an all-nighter, potentially also volunteering; 28, female, not usually a loner but my friends aren't as enthusiastic about LTX as me :P I am also very introverted generally but for some reason being tired af and hopped up on energy drinks makes me more outgoing than usual so its more likely I'll be way more social on the second day ?

On 2/12/2019 at 6:25 PM, Ravendarat said:

Im 37 and might come out from Edmonton, its like a 12 hour drive so not to bad, just trying to decide if I wanna come out for the full experience or just hit it up on saturday and sunday

The two days isn't considered the full experience? :P

Odd question, what do you drive?

1 hour ago, Dayglorange said:

I'm coming up from Washington, planning on doing the BYOC and pulling an all-nighter, potentially also volunteering; 28, female, not usually a loner but my friends aren't as enthusiastic about LTX as me :P I am also very introverted generally but for some reason being tired af and hopped up on energy drinks makes me more outgoing than usual so its more likely I'll be way more social on the second day ?

You'd probably want to look into a work permit if you're going to apply to be a volunteer. Since they're compensating those who do it, the CBSA will consider it employment; if you don't have a work permit, they're likely to deny you entry.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

17 hours ago, FPScanada said:

If you guys get random drug tested, then that sucks majorly. I live 20 mins drive from LTX and would totally be down to hangout with someone at LTX and smoke some pot before the BYOC if anyone is bringing their PC lol. 

You and I are going to be friends I can just tell. Also no drug test worries here I run my own company lol

11 hours ago, dizmo said:

The two days isn't considered the full experience? :P

Odd question, what do you drive?

I drive a 2017 Beetle, I bought saturday and Sunday tickets but still havent figured if I can definitely go

I'll be coming from the East coast of the US by myself so it would be cool to have some people to hang out there with. Events like this are always better with people.