Finalmouse Air58 Sensor overclocking? (Safe?)

Bryce2254

So I purchased an air58 from finalmouse and I didn’t know it was 500hz polling rate which isn’t a big deal but I’ve played on 1000hz (basilisk) for a while now so I emailed finalmouse support asking what the polling rate is and they responded with this

Could someone confirm whether or not that’s true? Can overclocking with 3rd party damage the sensor? Also if I had to use the warranty but I un-overclocked before sending would they be able to tell?

thanks everyon

106A4EE7-29A4-41AA-9870-A98C001BEDFE.png

04D2FC95-FE0B-462F-BB0D-A64FE0FF2DDA.png

7 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Just dont do it. Just get use to it or dont use the mouse, If you flash it and it doesnt work or its not designed to run at that spec it can brick it.

Really? That suckssss but I’ve seen people do it before and like guides 

You don't have to, high polling rate aren't always better. Some people even lower their polling rate because the sensor work better in certain polling rate settings. So maybe the CS is right you know.

People did not OC their mice anymore unlike in the old days its not necessary and even if you did, I doubt you'll notice the difference

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

It's a 1ms difference between 500Hz and 1000Hz.  Unless you are trying to, you won't notice the difference.

6 hours ago, Shimejii said:

You can try, but its 100$ paperweight if you brick it and for not much gain.

And a rather light paperweight as well.