Why would you Buy this

2 hours ago, iiGoldenStorm said:

Im sorry.  I didn't know.  Not trying to bash my dad and im not trying to sound greedy.  Honestly im just wondering why this costs so much.

Because its built properly and not plastic junk. You want a reliable laptop for school, not for playing games. 

10 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Imagine bitching about an $1100 laptop

Back when I was 13, I scraped up my birthday money (a total of $230) and got my parents to pay the rest for a $330 laptop from Best Buy. I enjoyed the shit out of that and was grateful for it even after I built my rig.

Funny story, when I was 13 I had been begging my parents for a laptop for a while to play Minecraft, but since they always refused, I saved up money mowing lawns over the summer and bought a $350 laptop bundle for Black Friday. While I had to pay for the entire thing myself and wasn't allowed to have a laptop up until this point, my mother got my brother who was 3 years younger than myself the same exact laptop for Christmas, no strings attached. To say I was pissed was an understatement, but my parents just yelled at me for getting upset about it. 

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

so you're annoyed that you got a very good laptop but it wasn't a gaming one? is that what i'm getting out of this post?

not everyone needs a "i7, gtx 1060, 128gb ssd and 2tb hdd" laptop. i think he made the right choice with this.you said yourself

my dad just bought me a new computer for school work.

key point being "school work". you don't need a gaming laptop for school work. you need to pay attention in school, not play games.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒