Laptop CPU below base speed under load!!

ssblank
Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,
Just now, ssblank said:

Not sure either but I've set my nvidia GPU to run all my games

well. believe that. I remeber on older laptops there was a program called nvidia optimus. but I don't know how it is in 1000 series. btw found this on the nvidia website

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3130/~/setting-power-management-mode-from-adaptive-to-maximum-performance

Dell 7567. Been experiencing lag in games for a while now. I've recently noticed that my cpu clock speed dips to 1Ghz and below even when I'm plugged in and gaming. This I think has been causing my games to stutter a lot. my temps are good at a maximum of 60 degrees when im gaming. so why is it running below the base clock speed? Please help. cant even play fortnite at medium/high with a smooth 60fps.
specs: GTX 1050, i5 7300Hq @2.5ghz ,8GB RAM

photo_2018-11-30_13-58-32.jpg

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

tried power settings? both in windows and the nvidia control panel?

Done the correct power settings for windows, how do I change it in the nvidia control panel?

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

does optimus still exist for that gen? not sure

Just now, ssblank said:

well. believe that. I remeber on older laptops there was a program called nvidia optimus. but I don't know how it is in 1000 series. btw found this on the nvidia website

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3130/~/setting-power-management-mode-from-adaptive-to-maximum-performance

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

thank you very much! Just made the change. going to check right away if this fixes it

Just now, ssblank said:

thank you very much! Just made the change. going to check right away if this fixes it

okay! let me know if you need me. and don't forget to mark it solved when it works

14 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

okay! let me know if you need me. and don't forget to mark it solved when it works

Thanks so much. Seems to have worked. I'll do some more extensive tests tomorrow. But for now its solved.
Thanks again!!

1 minute ago, ssblank said:

Thanks so much. Seems to have worked. I'll do some more extensive tests tomorrow. But for now its solved.
Thanks again!!

no problem. have fun with your new performence increase!