Phone Recommendations

Computernaut

I know this sounds outrageous but, I don't have a cellphone. I never have, partially because I'm not much of a phone person, I find it to be a rather unnatural interface. Anyway, sooner or later I'm going to need one and I certainly have times when I think that a phone would be very useful. As I said, I'm not much of a phone person so I don't want to spend a lot of money; however, I do want it to have and be able to do these things: 16+ GB of on-board storage, micro SD expandable, headphone jack, decent on-board speaker(s), good (or at least acceptable) camera. I will likely not do any gaming on it (and if I do it will only be very basic games). My brother has an LG K4 which I like buy it's only 8 GB, I also would like it to be quite large. Are there any phones you have had (very likely in the past) that you would recommend?

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

The Moto G6 might fit the bill, though get the model with 64GB of storage if you can (so that you get 4GB of RAM).  I'm not sure if I'd call the camera spectacular, but it's better than usual for the $200-300 price class.

A question on the side: what do you need the microSD slot for?  I can't help but wonder if it's that your expectations for built-in storage are more modest than what you can currently get.

8 hours ago, Commodus said:

A question on the side: what do you need the microSD slot for?  I can't help but wonder if it's that your expectations for built-in storage are more modest than what you can currently get.

I'm aware of the storage capacities available for modern phones but I also know that using an micro SD card for storing music and videos and having a lower on-board storage capacity is much cheaper. Like I said, my point of comparison is and LG K4, a phone with 8 GB of on-board storage and 1 GB of RAM. A similar phone with 16 GB of on-board storage would do my just fine.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

54 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

I'm aware of the storage capacities available for modern phones but I also know that using an micro SD card for storing music and videos and having a lower on-board storage capacity is much cheaper. Like I said, my point of comparison is and LG K4, a phone with 8 GB of on-board storage and 1 GB of RAM. A similar phone with 16 GB of on-board storage would do my just fine.

If you wanna get closer to the $100 range then the Motorola Moto E5 ain’t awful. The Snapdragon 425 that powers it is sufficient and everything else is fine. 

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

If you wanna get closer to the $100 range then the Motorola Moto E5 ain’t awful. The Snapdragon 425 that powers it is sufficient and everything else is fine. 

That's a bit more what I was looking for, thanks.