Streaming from pc tv to my pc

I have a Philips smart tv model - Philips 49PUx6401 and i was trying to see if there is a way (using apps or through the tv itself) to browse my shared network files and watch a movie. 

Im running 64 bit win10 on a desktop Pc which has the folder on it oringally. This will eventually be moved to a server im setting up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You can use steam big picture mode for playing games, I heard this also makes it minimize then you have your normal desktop? :) 

16 minutes ago, johanneslol11 said:

You can use steam big picture mode for playing games, I heard this also makes it minimize then you have your normal desktop? :) 

im not in the room with the pc, its in another room

28 minutes ago, Murrey Mint said:

im not in the room with the pc, its in another room

If your TV has a Steam Link app, then it just needs to be on the same network. For media consumption there are things like Plex.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB