Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kranolf

Horizontal color lines on bottom of the ASUS monitor

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys!

So I did not use my PC for a week or so, cause I was away, but when turning on, on the bottom of my Asus rog XG32VQ monitor there were several colorful lines in a horizontal position. They were not flickering or anything but honestly my heart stopped that I gotta RMA my 3 month old 700$ monitor. Then I pulled out the DP cable and put back in, and it was working.

I'm guessing this isn't a normal thing for a 700$ monitor to do. What could be the reason? Should I just forget it since its working now? Common issue?

id just forget about it unless it returns

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally)...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Does it look like this?
Mine stared a month or so back with just one or two lines.
They only appeared if the monitor had been off overnight or so, once it had been on for 5 or so they would be gone as long as it stayed on.
It has got worse since then and last longer before they go away again, I'm taking it in for warranty latter this week.

I suspect its a dry/bad joint on a ribbon cable/plug. Monitor being on causes thermal expansion which fixes the issue while it is on but when left to get cold it comes back.
Problem gets worse over time as the joints are repeatedly warmed and cooled causing more and more stress.

Not going to void warranty at this point though so back to where it was brought. 

20190107_072004102_iOS.jpg

20190107_071915086_iOS.jpg

20190107_072001364_iOS.jpg

3 hours ago, Cardboard_Boks said:

Does it look like this?
Mine stared a month or so back with just one or two lines.
They only appeared if the monitor had been off overnight or so, once it had been on for 5 or so they would be gone as long as it stayed on.
It has got worse since then and last longer before they go away again, I'm taking it in for warranty latter this week.

I suspect its a dry/bad joint on a ribbon cable/plug. Monitor being on causes thermal expansion which fixes the issue while it is on but when left to get cold it comes back.
Problem gets worse over time as the joints are repeatedly warmed and cooled causing more and more stress.

Not going to void warranty at this point though so back to where it was brought. 

This is what was waiting for me after I left the house for 2 weeks at 13 celsius. Not sure if it was the cold, but tried to plug all kind of cables and had the same problem for 20 minutes. After warming up I plugged out, put it back in, and it magically disappeared, and didn't show up since I'm using it everyday now. WTF is this

monitor.jpg

Same issue here but with 2 monitors.  Could not figure out the problem for months and months.  Has anyone resolved the issue or had ASUS actually RMA them a monitor back that does not have the lines?

On 6/3/2019 at 7:06 PM, Wesley Scott said:

Same issue here but with 2 monitors.  Could not figure out the problem for months and months.  Has anyone resolved the issue or had ASUS actually RMA them a monitor back that does not have the lines?

I didn't have time yet, but I will surely RMA this, because it's fuckin annoying. Not using it for a day, and already does this.

On 6/3/2019 at 7:20 PM, Askejm said:

Maybe it could be humidity? 

Humidity as in my room? Or inside the monitor? Don't think so. My secondary AOC monitor works perfectly, tho its a TN panel.

Also, after the monitor warms up, everything is perfect, but still...at this price, I really expect the product to be without these kind of issues.

hey guys I'm having the same problem here but it is not going away after being turned on for hours

Did anyone figure out what could have caused this?

1 hour ago, legacyrs said:

hey guys I'm having the same problem here but it is not going away after being turned on for hours

Did anyone figure out what could have caused this?

No, I RMA'd it. Got all my money back fortunately. Cause they couldn't switch the panel in 1.5 months.