Any suggestions for getting from Seattle to Vancouver?

Go to solution Solved by mmk,

Can always fly to Vancouver via Seattle.  Pretty sure there are daily flight between the two cities.  Also can take Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver, not sure of the schedule, or rent a car, it's only a couple hour drive or so.

From what I can tell, there are no direct flights from where I live to Vancouver for the weekend of LTX. It looks like my best option is to fly into Seattle, then find transportation to Vancouver from there. Same thing but in reverse for the return. What are some good transportation options for three adults to get from Seattle International Airport to downtown Vancouver in the same day as our arrival?

Can always fly to Vancouver via Seattle.  Pretty sure there are daily flight between the two cities.  Also can take Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver, not sure of the schedule, or rent a car, it's only a couple hour drive or so.

21 minutes ago, mmk said:

Thanks for the info. A flight will probably be the best option since we don’t have to leave the airport. Hopefully the flight times line up. If not, Amtrak is always fun to ride. I’m trying to avoid renting a car because I really want us to use the SkyTrain (or bus) for everything in Vancouver. As you can probably tell, I really like public transportation.

http://bustracker.boltbus.com/routes/9928/I/Seattle_WA-Vancouver_Station_St_BC/9928/12-10-2018

• 1 month later...

If you decide on Amtrak, the tram will take you directly from Seatac to the King Street Station in a half hour, It's pretty much the only easy public transit trip in Seattle (which works well for me, I work for a towing company here ? )

As for getting around Vancouver, Car2go car rental is also an option. There app shows you the nearest car and unlocks the door for you, and you can just leave it in any legal public parking spot inside their coverage area, charges by the minute you are actually driving the car (Mercedes, since that's who owns the company)(I know a lot of their employees by name, a lot of part time drivers seem to have a problem with the term "legal public parking spot"), there's a couple of other companies in Seattle, Reach Now(BMW) and Lime, don't know if they operate in Vancouver also.

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is a bit old, but you can always jump on the seaplane that leaves Seattle and goes to Vancouver via Harbour air.  They land right near the convention centre.

I would walk... Walking is nice.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

I've got 2 adults flying into Seattle and were driving to vancouver. Were big car people so were renting a sports car on Turo, but you can find cheap stuff for 50 bucks a day or even less that'll give you the miles you need to drive there and back.

I'm driving from Montana, via Seattle, to Vancouver.  

Another benefit to having a car in parking near the event is that it gives you a place to secure things without having to go back to your room.