Laptop for University and Photoshop Comparison

Hey guys,

I know there are some similar topics already but I have a more specific question...

Currently I try to decide which Laptop to buy after I had a Dell for 9 years now.

I'm a student so I often use word, powerpoint and - of course - netflix, but other than that, I do much editing with photoshop and lightroom.

So the display performance is really important for me.

There are three Laptops I tend to...the Dell XPS 13, the new Macbook Air and the Microsoft Surface Laptop 2.

Does anyone know all of them and had them compared? Or had some really negative experience with one of them?

I'd be so thankful for some help with the decision!

I would got for the XPS for the hella build quality and Dell reliability

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

11 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Dell reliability

Not in XPS. Many QC issues. For best reliability, premium business laptops/mobile workstations

11 hours ago, bellarose28 said:

snip

Where are you from? budget? Preferred max weight, display size and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

5 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Not in XPS. Many QC issues. For best reliability, premium business laptops/mobile workstations

Where are you from? budget? Preferred max weight, display size and battery life?

That's what I've heard about the XPS too sadly...

Germany, the budget is up to around 1.500 and the preferred display size is 13 or 14, I don't care about the weight but the battery should last for a day at university so around 7 hours...

2 hours ago, bellarose28 said:

Germany, the budget is up to around 1.500

Any links of online stores?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Desktop specs:

Spoiler