Post your i5 9600k/i5 8600k overclock results

Hi guys, my first attempt on the i5 9600k and i got a stable 5.2ghz at 1.35v.
Possibly i could try to lower the voltage or increase the overclock but with that result i'm already very very happy. I did a Stress Test of 13:20 hours with aida 64 and everything went fine. Temperatures at stress test fluatuate between 60 and 85ºC and when i was gaming it never surpassed 60ºC. For reference, my cooler is an AIO NZXT Kraken X41 (almost the same as the x42). Here's the stability test results.

So, how is yours 9600k's and 8600k's doing with overclock? Let's compare our chips and help each other :) 

Edit:
After some time trying i could get even better results! Now i've got a stable 5.2ghz at 1.225 vcore. Really amazing results. Sadly 5.2ghz at 1.2 vcore wasn't stable :/, so i think that's my limit, but already very good!

Nice one! I once got my i5-8600K up to 5.2GHz 1.35V but did nothing more than a Cinebench run on it. Got a max temp of 79°C on the benchmark run. My 8600K is cooled by the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports One so I'm impressed with how it performed even if it was just a Cinebench run.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Very nice results, guys. Everything stable for gaming? No freezings?

I have an 8700K but I wanted to hop on the bandwagon :P 

5.0Ghz @ 1.195v under a Corsair H75 single fan - really happy with it but I want to find time to push it further!

24hr prime95 blend, 75C max under load after delid + LM/Arctic Silver.

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

12 hours ago, ShadowChaser said:

I have an 8700K but I wanted to hop on the bandwagon :P 

5.0Ghz @ 1.195v under a Corsair H75 single fan - really happy with it but I want to find time to push it further!

24hr prime95 blend, 75C max under load after delid + LM/Arctic Silver.

Wow that's a very good result!

You got me inspired! Really think you should try more, i'm sure you could get even better results!

After some time trying i could get even better results! Now i've got a stable 5.2ghz at 1.225 vcore. Really amazing results. Sadly 5.2ghz at 1.2 vcore wasn't stable :/, so i think that's my limit, but already very good!

6 hours ago, Slazyel said:

Wow that's a very good result!

You got me inspired! Really think you should try more, i'm sure you could get even better results!

I might see how far I can take it with 1.225v as then I start hitting 85C on the cores and that's my personal limit. Wish I could stuff a 240 into my system but that's not possible at the moment haha

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

• 1 month later...

My 9600k won't hit 4.8. Tried up to 1.4v she's just not a winner. Unless I'm doing something wrong haha..

• 3 months later...

8600K (delid) 5ghz 1.375V with Dark Rock Pro 4

Idle 35°C (250 RPM), occt avx capable %90 mem 62°C (600 RPM) max.