Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flappie02

internet problem

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have this weird problem with my internet connection. I have a stable ping, and then all of a sudden my ping jumps to 2000ms and back to normal. How does this happen and how can I fix it. I have done a few tracert and ping to google.com (in the file) Tracert and Ping.txt

Are you on wireless? It could be that something is turned like a microwave that disrupts your signal.

If you're on wired you should contact your ISP to see if they see any problems.

Dutch Talk Thread

Unofficial LMG Social Media Accounts Website

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-4790K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 U3+ RAM: 4x4 GB DDR3 1600MHz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Ti 8G Case: Corsair 230T Windowed Orange SSD: Crucial BX100 250 Gb PSU: Cooler Master G450M HDD: WD 1 TB Generic

Laptops: Macbook Air 2012 11" baseline (i5-3317U @ 1.7 Ghz) upgraded with a Samsung 850 evo 250 GB SSD

HP Zbook Studio G5 (i7-8750H, 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz, Samsung PM981 512 GB, Nvidia Quadro P1000)

Try pinging your default gateway (192.168.123.1) to see if its an issue with your router / the wireless connection or an ISP / internet routing issue.

Also an MTR would be better than a traceroute in this case. On Windows, try the utility http://winmtr.net/. On Linux distros, you can just install MTR from the apt package manager with apt install mtr and then you can run the command mtr google.com and run it for like a minute (by default it goes through one cycle per second)

My Build : Intel i7-9700K - Asus Strix Z390-E - 32GB Vengeance RGB

- Nvidia Titan Xp - 1TB Samsung 960 Evo SSD - Corsair AX860i Power Supply

On 12/8/2018 at 1:46 PM, Flappie02 said:

I do have wireless, but I've had it for a few years without any problems and now it acts weird

Thus is the nature of wireless.  All it takes is one neighbor getting a new device or wireless of their own on a clashing channel to cause problems.

Modems: 2 x VMG3925-B10B V5.13(AAVF.12)C0-jumbo
Router: i5-7200U appliance running pfSense.
ISP: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 + Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra. (~60Mbit each)

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 12/10/2018 at 2:37 AM, Cree340 said:

Try pinging your default gateway (192.168.123.1) to see if its an issue with your router / the wireless connection or an ISP / internet routing issue.

Also an MTR would be better than a traceroute in this case. On Windows, try the utility http://winmtr.net/. On Linux distros, you can just install MTR from the apt package manager with apt install mtr and then you can run the command mtr google.com and run it for like a minute (by default it goes through one cycle per second)

I ran it and this is what I got: MTR.TXT