internet problem

Flappie02

I have this weird problem with my internet connection. I have a stable ping, and then all of a sudden my ping jumps to 2000ms and back to normal. How does this happen and how can I fix it. I have done a few tracert and ping to google.com (in the file) Tracert and Ping.txt

I do have wireless, but I've had it for a few years without any problems and now it acts weird

Try pinging your default gateway (192.168.123.1) to see if its an issue with your router / the wireless connection or an ISP / internet routing issue.

Also an MTR would be better than a traceroute in this case. On Windows, try the utility http://winmtr.net/. On Linux distros, you can just install MTR from the apt package manager with apt install mtr and then you can run the command mtr google.com and run it for like a minute (by default it goes through one cycle per second)

My Build : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X - Asus Strix X570-E - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo

- Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti - 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD - Corsair AX860i Power Supply

On 12/8/2018 at 1:46 PM, Flappie02 said:

I do have wireless, but I've had it for a few years without any problems and now it acts weird

Thus is the nature of wireless.  All it takes is one neighbor getting a new device or wireless of their own on a clashing channel to cause problems.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 12/10/2018 at 2:37 AM, Cree340 said:

Try pinging your default gateway (192.168.123.1) to see if its an issue with your router / the wireless connection or an ISP / internet routing issue.

Also an MTR would be better than a traceroute in this case. On Windows, try the utility http://winmtr.net/. On Linux distros, you can just install MTR from the apt package manager with apt install mtr and then you can run the command mtr google.com and run it for like a minute (by default it goes through one cycle per second)

I ran it and this is what I got: MTR.TXT