Massive problems loading websites in Chrome, no problems on Edge

xshaak

I posted this on reddit /r/chrome, but nobody was able to help. I'm hoping anyone here might know anything.

I've been having problems with Chrome constantly loading websites extremely slowly, websites that normally load in a second are taking 10+ seconds and then sometimes failing to load it at all. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome 6 times, I tried disabling extensions, allowing it in firewall, unsyncing everything in Chrome. 

I've noticed when it happens, if I open up Microsoft Edge and it loads a page, then chrome immediately loads whatever wasn't loading before.

Please help, I am this close to giving up on Chrome altogether.

20 minutes ago, xshaak said:

I posted this on reddit /r/chrome, but nobody was able to help. I'm hoping anyone here might know anything.

I've been having problems with Chrome constantly loading websites extremely slowly, websites that normally load in a second are taking 10+ seconds and then sometimes failing to load it at all. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome 6 times, I tried disabling extensions, allowing it in firewall, unsyncing everything in Chrome. 

I've noticed when it happens, if I open up Microsoft Edge and it loads a page, then chrome immediately loads whatever wasn't loading before.

Please help, I am this close to giving up on Chrome altogether.

I would check/remove any proxy settings
https://www.expressvpn.com/support/troubleshooting/google-chrome-no-proxy/

I would also try a custom DNS like 1.1.1.1

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-pcs-dns-settings-windows-10

I would imagine chrome keeps settings between installs, so it's likely you just messed up a setting somewhere (likely DNS or Proxy settings.).

25 minutes ago, crashahotrod said:

Hi thanks for your help,

Unfortunately "automatic detect settings" was already unchecked as suggested in your first link.

I've also already got my DNS server address set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, is it worth changing it to 1.1.1.1?

9 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

I would imagine chrome keeps settings between installs, so it's likely you just messed up a setting somewhere (likely DNS or Proxy settings.).

You might be right, however I have tried a fresh install several times without syncing my settings and still receive the problem.

Just now, xshaak said:

You might be right, however I have tried a fresh install several times without syncing my settings and still receive the problem.

I mean locally, as in the settings stored on your computer. Find out where chrome keeps those and throw them away. :)

Ah ok, it was a new computer so it shouldn't be an issue, but I'll check my old hdd's to see if they're the problem.

55 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

I mean locally, as in the settings stored on your computer. Find out where chrome keeps those and throw them away. :)

I tried what you suggested, but it didn't to work.

I uninstalled google chrome, then searched for any file with "chrome" in the name and deleted anything that looked related to google chrome.

1 minute ago, xshaak said:

Yeah, I just tried again but it didn't work.

Might it have something to do with where chrome is installed?

Currently installed at C:\Program Files (x86)

That is normal

I think I managed to work out how to fix the issue.

If anyone else has the same issue, i suggest you read through here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/s5S1uPI0kMc/B3b8qVaTCAAJ

Specifically these instructions are what fixed it for me: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/s5S1uPI0kMc/b2Mud3SKCgAJ

Hopefully someone finds this useful, good luck.