Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Great Kamek

Microsoft Edge is dying out and Chromium is coming??

Posted · Original PosterOP

From TeIchlinked latest video, they announced Chromium will replace Microsoft edge. Isn't chromium a bloatware of a fake browser fills with malware?

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
    Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2x8)
  • GPU
    ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
    WD 1TB 7200RPM, WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • PSU
    CORSAIR CX Series CX650 650W
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro
2 minutes ago, masked_guy said:

From TeIchlinked latest video, they announced Chromium will replace Microsoft edge. Isn't chromium a bloatware of a fake browser fills with malware?

Chromium is the open-source version of Chrome without certain Google-proprietary parts. It's still the same browser otherwise.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, WereCatf said:

Chromium is the open-source version of Chrome without certain Google-proprietary parts. It's still the same browser otherwise.

I once got chromium on my PC and i got rid of it. But it keeps coming back and appears every now and then.

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
    Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2x8)
  • GPU
    ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
    WD 1TB 7200RPM, WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • PSU
    CORSAIR CX Series CX650 650W
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

TL:DR

just download chrome pls....

Desktop: 2014 Mac Mini 2.6ghz i5 upgraded to Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb Phone: iPhone 6+ 64gb RGB: Some random strip I got at walmart for 4 bucks :P 

6 minutes ago, masked_guy said:

Cromium is a fully legit browser made by google themselfs. it's the open source developer version. btw, we have guidelines for tech here. and it's based on the rendering engine, not that litterally a free version of chrome is going to be used

PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

8 minutes ago, masked_guy said:

Chromium is the foundation which Chrome is built upon. It is not bloatware, malware or any of the above. Chromium is actually bundled with some linux distros as well. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 16-18-18-34 3600mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 2x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

| Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Vengeance LPX 3000mhz | Corsair RM550x (2018) | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 

| Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card |

No, Microsoft is changing out parts of the backend of Edge with parts from Chromium so that anything made to work with Chrome should work with Edge without issues.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

* Thread moved to the Programs, Apps and Websites section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Guide to run any software as Admin

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

Chromium is an open source legitimate program that Google Chrome was built upon.

The problem is though, there are no official installers for Chromium, only the source code to compile it yourself or installers from third parties. Third parties can inject whatever they want inside the installer (like a virus) which is the reason why many people see Chromium as a virus. It's the scummy third parties injectivinf garbage in it, because compiling the code yourself is more difficult than running a .exe.

No, chromium is not a virus. Legitimate open source program 

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

"FuryBSD, name of your sex tape" - Alex Clark

"How long do I have to keep going on? Someone end it already"

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

Chromium is an open source legitimate program that Google Chrome was built upon.

The problem is though, there are no official installers for Chromium, only the source code to compile it yourself or installers from third parties. Third parties can inject whatever they want inside the installer (like a virus) which is the reason why many people see Chromium as a virus. It's the scummy third parties injectivinf garbage in it, because compiling the code yourself is more difficult than running a .exe.

in Linux that isn't a problem, because the package managers have precompiled versions. i feel that a lot of people miss that when talking about chromium. in Linux, it's safe to install. 

Trans | She/Her or They/Them

PhoneNokia 7.2 | 128GB | Android

PC: Asus Z370-P | Core i3 8100 | R9 290X | 16GB RAM | 250GB SSD + 500GB SSD | Silverstone RV03 | Windows 10 Insider

20 hours ago, Minibois said:

There are compiled builds of Chromium with Widevine DRM plugins, Required Media Codecs and google sync for Windows Mac OS.

You can get it at Chromium Woolys These builds are kept up to date with Latest Chrome and are compiled by people working for Google.