Microsoft Edge is dying out and Chromium is coming??

From TeIchlinked latest video, they announced Chromium will replace Microsoft edge. Isn't chromium a bloatware of a fake browser fills with malware?

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
    Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2x8)
  • GPU
    ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
    WD 1TB 7200RPM, WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • PSU
    CORSAIR CX Series CX650 650W
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

2 minutes ago, masked_guy said:

From TeIchlinked latest video, they announced Chromium will replace Microsoft edge. Isn't chromium a bloatware of a fake browser fills with malware?

Chromium is the open-source version of Chrome without certain Google-proprietary parts. It's still the same browser otherwise.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Chromium is the open-source version of Chrome without certain Google-proprietary parts. It's still the same browser otherwise.

I once got chromium on my PC and i got rid of it. But it keeps coming back and appears every now and then.

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
    Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2x8)
  • GPU
    ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
    WD 1TB 7200RPM, WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • PSU
    CORSAIR CX Series CX650 650W
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

TL:DR

just download chrome pls....

Desktop: 2014 Mac Mini 2.6ghz i5 upgraded to Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb Phone: iPhone 6+ 64gb RGB: Some random strip I got at walmart for 4 bucks :P 

6 minutes ago, masked_guy said:

Cromium is a fully legit browser made by google themselfs. it's the open source developer version. btw, we have guidelines for tech here. and it's based on the rendering engine, not that litterally a free version of chrome is going to be used

8 minutes ago, masked_guy said:

Chromium is the foundation which Chrome is built upon. It is not bloatware, malware or any of the above. Chromium is actually bundled with some linux distros as well. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

No, Microsoft is changing out parts of the backend of Edge with parts from Chromium so that anything made to work with Chrome should work with Edge without issues.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I'm Currently using Chromium and the Performance difference is real. ?

Chromium is an open source legitimate program that Google Chrome was built upon.

The problem is though, there are no official installers for Chromium, only the source code to compile it yourself or installers from third parties. Third parties can inject whatever they want inside the installer (like a virus) which is the reason why many people see Chromium as a virus. It's the scummy third parties injectivinf garbage in it, because compiling the code yourself is more difficult than running a .exe.

No, chromium is not a virus. Legitimate open source program 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

Chromium is an open source legitimate program that Google Chrome was built upon.

The problem is though, there are no official installers for Chromium, only the source code to compile it yourself or installers from third parties. Third parties can inject whatever they want inside the installer (like a virus) which is the reason why many people see Chromium as a virus. It's the scummy third parties injectivinf garbage in it, because compiling the code yourself is more difficult than running a .exe.

in Linux that isn't a problem, because the package managers have precompiled versions. i feel that a lot of people miss that when talking about chromium. in Linux, it's safe to install. 

She/Her

20 hours ago, Minibois said:

There are compiled builds of Chromium with Widevine DRM plugins, Required Media Codecs and google sync for Windows Mac OS.

You can get it at Chromium Woolys These builds are kept up to date with Latest Chrome and are compiled by people working for Google.